Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hair tests

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by synder21, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Hi I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a curiosity I've had. Hypothetically speaking, if a person smoked once and only once how long would it take for their hair to stop showing signs of THC? Since most labs require 3 months worth of growth for a sample what is the time it takes for hair to stop showing signs of THC? So what I'm asking is when should a person get their hair shaved so the new stuff doesnt have any THC in it meaning that even if they were to test all the hair on a persons head (assuming short hair) it would still come out clean and how long would it take from the original time of smoking for that first usage ever? Thanks.

2. Hair will always have signs of THC until it is shaved. Drugs stay in the hair, until the hair is shaved...at least that is what I learned on the internet.

3. What I mean though is when should it be shaved? There doesn't seem to be much of a point to shave your hair until it is fully out of your system and the new hair that grows doesn't have THC. What I want to know is when the optimal time to shave it is so that the new hair that replaces what you cut wont have any THC, assuming you don't smoke after that one time of course.

4. This makes you sound so paranoid

5. The thc will show up in the new hair that grows right after you smoke. so i guess a person should shave it after a few weeks........dont see the point though

6. fuuuuuck I have an afro

7. The reason I ask is that I'll be potentially having a job that does hair tests and wanted to know when I should shave my head to give it time to grow back to 1.5 inches while also not having any THC.

8. my heads coverd in thc??:eek::eek::eek:

9. im going to smoke my hair

10. your hair will need some time to grow back out to 1.5 inches once shaved...as in a few months depending on growth rate....and they can take hair from many areas of the body...:eek:

11. And the question remains, are you even more paranoid now after asking the question than you were before you asked the question?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

12. Yeah if you have hairy legs you'll need to shave those, as well as armpits, pubes, ass hair, basically everywhere.