Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hair tests and smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by devilingeorgia, Aug 15, 2010.

1. #1 devilingeorgia, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010
    How long does the body stop depositing THC into hair follicles and is there is any difference between body hair and head hair? What I mean is when does the body stop growing thc hair and start making clean hair. i.e. giving us the optimal time frame to shave hair while allowing it to grow enough in preparation for hair testing?

2. Use the search function, there are countless threads about drug tests.

3. All I can seem to find is that they cut the first 1.5 inches. What I need to know is how early you can shave your head without THC hairs still growing out of your body and scalp.

4. Three months, even if you shave, is a rough estimate. Longer is safer.

5. Is it the same for a first time user? And is that three month wait time for shaving the same time you should use for both body hair and head hair? I smoked for the first time on August 10.

6. yea hair tests ur fucked. its not like urine. that can date back to like 6mos or something. sry to b negative but its true i didnt smoke for 2 years smoked once in the time period got hair tested like a month later and got fucked for it at school. they can test any hair. shave ur head

7. if you smoke every hair on your body will show that youve been smoking. the only way to beat this is to stop smoking then shave your entire body.
    As the new hair grows it wont show any traces of any drugs youve done in the past as long as you dont do anymore after you shaved your body.

If you have hair thats been on your body for 3 years and you did a number of drugs 2.5 years ago this hair will still show what drugs you did and they can tell you how long ago you used them.

The only way to beat this is to shave every hair off your body and then dont do drugs until after your drug test.

8. It's different for everyone but in general the heavier/longer the use the longer it shows up.

9. If I smoked for the first time exactly 1 week ago how long should I wait then before I shave my head and body hair? And should I do it at the same time or is it different for hair on different parts of the body?

10. Well i had a friend who had to take one for a job and he doesnt do drugs at all.
    The downside is he has a very hairy body but is going bald on his head. He shaves his head so he doesnt look dumb and he shaves his body so he doesnt look like big foot.

He goes to do his drug test and they tell him its not urine and they need a hair sample. Well i guess he didnt have any hair on him that was long enough for the sample. I guess they needed a piece at least an inch long. they ended up finding one just above his ass so he was fine.

So I would suggest giving yourself enough time to regrow some hair so its long enough for a sample.

Stop doing any drugs, Shave your hair, give yourself some time to regrow hair, then take the test and you should be fine.

when they say coke, opiates, and many hard drugs are out of your system in less than a week they are correct. A hair test shows how long ago you used such drug. So the drugs arent in your system anymore but they can still tell if you have ever taken them by hair samples.

11. So if I smoked my first joint on August 10 and then shaved everything September 1 once the hair grows back I will be 100 percent clean?

12. Longer is good

13. How much longer would you say?

14. #14 devilingeorgia, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
    Alright well here is my time line. Let me know what you think. -August 9 - first time smoking in life ever, little more than 3/4's of one joint, probably 85 percent -September 6 - Buzz cut hair and get regular hair cuts after that, also shave body with exception of eyebrows -Early November - Re shave body just to be sure hairs are clean, let regrow after that normally -late March early April - Hair test probably around this time Again it might seem paranoid and extremely excessive but it will give me peace of mind. If I follow this method will I be clean as a whistle no matter what hair they test on my body?

15. If it's that far away you should be fine. It's about 8 months away and you haven't smoked much. Just don't smoke anymore and you should pass with flying colors.

16. Seriously, with that much time don't even bother with any shaving, etc.

17. Well body hair does not grow nearly as fast as head hair right? so doesn't it stand to reason that for whatever reason they might be compelled to take hair off say, my legs, arms, or chest they would show signs of THC because they hardly grow in 8 months unless shaven off completely which would mean that the hair closer to my body would test positive. Or is that wrong?

18. Honestly, I don't think shaving is going to do any good. I've done some of my own research, and I read that any drugs/metabolites that are in your hair degrade after like 1.5 inches or something.

19. any new hair that has grown since the last time you smoked will be clean. so just make sure any hair that would test dirty is shaved/cut so it wont be tested.

20. That is completely false. New hair will test positive for months after last smoking.