Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hair Testing - Need Advice and Guidance - DID RESEARCH

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PutiBlanco, Jul 22, 2012.

1. To start off I know I am new on this forum and have seen many people ask this same question, but I did quite a bit of research on the subject and will tell everything about myself as well as my situation.

I am 18, white, dark brown hair, 5'10", 205lbs, and built on the fatter side.

I have been smoking since early June (before that was maybe one hit of a blunt every month, if that), but let's just say June 7th for a timeline, and stopped July 20th. Throughout that time I smoked around 1 sometimes 2 blunts a day with a group of people, so it's not like I smoked a whole blunt to myself, which I NEVER have.

So anyway, I was told I have to have a hair drug test done by a future employer within the next 2 weeks, which would most likely put the date of the test being August 7th but could possibly make it August 14th if need be.

Now I have read a lot about hair testing over the past couple days and it is to my knowledge that hair grows 0.5 inches every 30 days. I am unsure if it is true or not, but I have read a couple different places that say THC continues to go into your hair folicles for up to 5 days. Also that they will test for 90 days which will be 1.5 inches of hair. Also found out that they need at least 1.5 inches of hair to do a test (hence the 90 days) but rarely they could take a 0.5 inch sample or anywhere in between.

This is my theory; when 5 days pass I will be considered to start growing clean hair. After 2 weeks of hair growth I will have 0.25 inches of clean hair. I usually switch between having my hair cut to 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch, both being in the clear. Obviously this time around I would cut it to 1/8 to play it safe. Also I have shaved all my body hair. This is because I have read that if they cannot take it from your head they will take it from other areas. However I also heard three different outcomes from this; (1) they will mark me as fail, (2) they could change the test to a different kind, which I know I could pass, or, (3) make me come back and redo the test when I have more hair, which wouldnt be a problem because it would be all clean.

So my questions are, am I correct with any if not all of my info? Will this work and will I pass my test? If not, what else could I do?

I appreciate any answers I get, thank you.

2. Thanks for the response! I have seen that post during my research. I just wanted to see if anyone could chime in to see if I would be fine without needing to do anything else. But if there is the slightest chance of failing the test I am going to end up doing the method that you linked too.

3. Yw, I figured you could post your story in there and get more answers from people who have been there and done that.
    Unfortunately, I don't know enough on this to give you advice, sorry.