Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hair Test Tips

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by chemph, Aug 14, 2012.

1. #1 chemph, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    I have to get a test, and have been looking at a lot of things about hair testing. I see a lot of people post that they use things like apple cider vinegar along with a lot of other things. From what I have read, using vinegar does not make any sense, especially for the first step. I've read that the toxins are stored in the cortex, which is protected by the hair cuticle. In order to raise the cuticle to access the cortex, you have to use things that have a high alkalinity (pH over 7). Things that are acidic (pH under 7) keep the cuticle closed. Apple cider vinegar is acidic (pH around 4-5) which would keep the cuticle closed. Does anyone have insight or experience with this?!

I've read a lot of places that people start off using dish washing liquid (Not sure why) then use the vinegar (which doesn't make sense) then coal tar and/or tsal shampoo. I plan on using diluted ammonia and baking soda to open the cuticle because they have high alkalinity, and then wash my hair repeatedly with coal tar shampoo, and then tsal. Im going to use tsal last because it is an acid, but it seems like people use it and it has worked a couple times...

If anyone has any tips on what to do, especially to the hair cortex, please let me know, it will be much appreciated!

2. Bleech your hair and dye it back to your normal color is what i hear.

3. [quote name='"ChefReefer"']Bleech your hair and dye it back to your normal color is what i hear.[/quote]

And what about the rest of the hair on your body. ??

4. Shave it Lol

5. Bleaching it only opens up the cuticle because it has ammonia in it, and strips away the color in the cortex, but does nothing to "detox" the cortex. They need at least 1.5 inches to use, so you can't shave it or else they will just use hair from any other part of your body, which is what happened to a friend of mine.

6. Welll if worse comes to worse give'em a hair from your ass.