Hair Test Scare

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ttime1, Jan 22, 2015.

1. #1 ttime1, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    So today I arrived at what I was expecting to a Hair Follicle Test, but instead was welcomed with a pee cup instead....here's the backstory

So I was in talks for an out of state job and was hinted at by the recruiter I would need to take a urine test for the position. I felt comfortable about that as at the time I was about 4 weeks smoke free at the time. Before that, I considered myself a moderate smoker  (about .25g-.5g every other night or so). I also have a decent metabolism and drink lots of water naturally. After accepting the formal offer from the company, I was shocked to see that I was required to take a 19870N/HAIR5 test at Quest Diagnostics with only 48 hours to prepare. 

I have A LOT riding on this position so I threw everything and the kitchen sink at my hair. Mac Method, Growman Method, Bleach/Redye, Zydot, Baking Soda, shaved my whole body, and got a hair cut (if you are familiar with hair tests, then you know what I am talking about). I was nervous but felt like I had a chance to pass the hair test. 

When I walked to the collection facility, I was surprised to see that they wanted me to take a urine test and didn't even ask for my hair. I was puzzled, but obviously didn't question it. My sample was pretty diluted as I was drinking a lot of water earlier that day, and she even commented that they may reject it at the lab. She gave me my "receipt" and in fact it said on is that I took a 19870N test, which according to Quest's site is a hair follicle test. Not sure what the deal was, but I won't be complaining about that.

I just hope they don't ask me to come in again then ask for my hair! But if everything goes smoothly with my sample, I am almost 100% confident that I passed as I passed a home test a few days earlier.

Has anyone had a similar situation to this at all?? Where you were indicated to take a hair test, and they took urine instead?? Is this a strategy for companies to save money on testing, while scaring their candidates into possibly declining out of fear of failing a hair exam? Was I blessed by an angel or was it simply a miracle??

I can go into more details on how I prepared for my "hair test" if anyone cares to hear, also I can share my UA results when I receive them.

Thanks all!

2. They snatched your pubes when you weren't looking.

3. there actually wasn't any pubes for them to snatch :) 

4. CLEAN SHAVING MOTHER FUCKER!