Hair Stripping before Dye for follicle test

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by atw94, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Hey Everyone!

I read a post in reddit by someone that they were able to pass a hair follicle test while being a daily smoker by simply getting a hair strip they do at a salon before dying.

Is this a realistic method or is this person a freak case?

I smoked once in early June and have a test next week, I'm wondering if this would be enough for me?

Thanks in advance for any responses

2. I have never heard of this before, I'm sure a lot of others haven't either, but do you mean bleaching your hair (which pretty much kills it)... Seems like it might work, but I'd do more research first. Just wanted to get a response on here so you ain't waiting around forever.

3. Thanks for the response.

It's actually not bleaching, it's a method they do in salons to remove any dyes or anything else from your hair that they normally do before putting in another dye or something like that. Haven't heard of this method either beyond seeing one commenter on Reddit mention they have done it twice and passed both times just with this method. And what gravitates me towards it is that it doesn't destroy your hair like bleaching.

I'm just worried the testers might feel the quality of my hair after bleaching and insist on using body hair. I've only smoked once during the ninety days but I was an almost daily smoker for a few years until mid May this year

4. I bleach my hair pretty often to dye it dirty blonde... well my ex gf does, but it feels pretty soft/looks natural, so I think you'd be ok in that case.

You could always go with a really short haircut, but not quite bald. Not enough to make you look like a desperate and horrible weed smoking dope addict (kidding, of course).

Reddit does seem to be a pretty accurate source of real world experience and information though. If you're desperate, I don't see why it'd hurt to give it a shot.

Wish I could help more, hope everything works out.

5. This probably isnt the right place to post this question. Either way I had to take a hair follicle test not too long ago. From what I've read everywhere simply doing a strip at a salon wont really do much. I was a daily smoker but quit a month before my test. My hair was roughly shoulder length and I got it cut to maybe about 3 inches. I did the macujo method (google it) maybe about 6 times. Then i bleached my hair, did a redye (to brown) then ended up bleaching again and redying. If you bleach make sure you use volume 30 or 40 developer. I used 30. I took the hair follicle test and passed. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app