Haiku

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Highbinder, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Hey all,

Just wondering how many folk here write haiku verse? I write em occationally, usually when I'm struck by the incredible beauty that permeates (sp?) everything and that occationally will make itself more apparent than otherwise..

Anyway, heres one of mine:

Bluest sky and layered cloud
    Where the sun joins them -
    White Explosions!

2. Didn't really read your post, too occupied with that avatar of yours. +rep

3. I love haikus because there is only so much you can say with words, so the importance of your words is paramount, compared to a poem that has no structural rules. The best haikus I've read are translated Japanese haikus from centuries ago. I studied them my freshman year in college, I wish I realized their beauty then, I might have written the authors down.

As for your haiku, this is one of my favorite sights. I love when the sky is very blue and a very fluffy white cloud meets the sky where the sun is shining, It makes the outline of the cloud almost blinding.

Great work, keep it up.

4. Jah_Zarathustra,

I've got a bunch of Haiku writer's names written down, lemmi dig them out...

The famous old school masters:

Basho, Yosa Buson, Masaoka Shiki

Then theres more modern, western, authors:

R.H Bluth, Richard Wright, James Hackett, Nick Virgilio and of course from the beat era such as Jack Keruoac / Alan Ginsberg / Gary Snyder

Brownstain, lol cheers mate. I like your av too. I can't tell if its from Drunken Master or from Snake In Eagle's Shadow (or one of the other countless movies he appeared in)