had to harvest 3 weeks early??????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheHempMan, Feb 3, 2006.

1. i had to harvest my plant at 5 weeks into flowering because something fell on the plant cracking its main stemso i harvested all the buds and was wondering if they should still be good and how long do i let them dry before puting them in the jar? THX FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!

2. wet weight was 1 1/2oz's

3. no input on this subject or what????

4. LOL man I think they all bypass these threads and more concerned with the "Cool look at this" threads.

But really, I am no expert but 3 weeks early should be fine, Just cure them well. Ounce and a half is pretty decent I guess. Better than what i am expecting on my first grow.

5. the buds look good just not as big as they would be if they had 3 more weeks i guess but i hope they have a decent thc level!:rolleyes: :wave: :smoking:

6. Like i said I am no expert and am on my first grow, i would be interested to see how much three weeks would have made but I guess that depends on strain, how long they flowered, Setup, etc.

7. should give u a great up high wit no body feelin....

8. yea shouldnt harm it too much.. just might have to smoke a little bit more to get u bombed out then some other weed would but its all good.. just dry em and then when they are dry cure them lol

9. Wet weight is about double what you will have dry. 3 weeks early it should be alright if its a good strain. If its some weak bag seed you may have some really weak smoke.

Only way to find out is smoke it. If it had some clear resin forming on it already i would guess it to be okay, prob 75% potency or better.

As for dry time and such. I would hang for a solid week before you cure.

10. sorry i am kind of new to growing. "cure"?

11. Thats when you dry it slowly, like a cured ham or bacon. You dry it a solid 3/4 or more and then very slowly dry the rest. You can even add flavor like a soaked cotton ball of vanilla or orange flavor to the jar or what you have it in. 2+ weeks is really needed to cure it any good. Makes it smoke smoother and less harsh.

12. 3 weeks early is pretty early, I just picked some of mine 3 weeks early and all it does is take the edge off. its c-99 last crop was great , this was my first time trying it all organic, had a few problems figuring it out!!! but all is well now! pickin it 3 weeks early is a real bummer!

13. Next time duct tape it back together.

J

• Like Like x 1
  14. Best advice given on this thread!! Probably would have increased ur yield in the end.... Plus the last 2 weeks or so the flower will put on most of its weight!

• Like Like x 2
  15. #15 MyDogSmokesWeed, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
    It depends really. It does make a good bit of difference. I'm on my 2nd grow about 2 weeks into flower. In my first grow, they did grow from week 5-8, but not a terribly huge amount, but probably won't be as potent. I had 3 plants and ended with about 5 oz dried. That was with crappy bagseed though. I got my second grow with Lemon Skunk, White Rhino, Diesel, and Grapefruit Can't wait to see this stuff. I'm hoping to get at least a lb. We shall see though.

What did you grow? Any pics?

16. Yes! It's amazing how great weed recover's just from a bit of duck tape. There was a couple times for sure I thought I ripped a limb off, and yet the plant healed itself with only a little tape. Pretty nuts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I’ve had rooms of flowering plants growing into the lights and simply walked through snapping branches over so that they are laying sideways. Squeeze the hell out of the stem first in the spot u want to bend it over, and the branches will break but still be attached just broken - and if the plants are healthy within a few days they will have grown a big knot and be all the stronger for it.

I often just bend tall plants right over end it never hurts them.

J

• Agree Agree x 1