Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Had this idea, lemme know what you think

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Valcurium, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Sup blades

So I came up with this idea for a place where people can find new music and share their own personal music tastes with other people on Facebook and called it helpful hipsters. It's pretty much inclusive to any genre of music as long as it's not mainstream (on the radio). If you want to do me a solid and like the group on Facebook that would be appreciated, as it would be cool to have kind of this microcosm of music take off [​IMG]

Here's the link:

Helpful Hipsters: Find new music | Facebook

2. lol helpful hipster

i see a massive flaw in your plan, its not for "mainstream" music, but you want to share, not mainstream music with tons of people, which will in turn cause it to become mainstream.....

3. I consider non-mainstream pretty much anything that isn't generally on the radio

which happens to be a majority of good music nowdays lol

4. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']lol helpful hipster

i see a massive flaw in your plan, its not for "mainstream" music, but you want to share, not mainstream music with tons of people, which will in turn cause it to become mainstream.....[/quote]

Lol yea the concepts cool, but he's basically turning whatever wasn't mainstream before into mainstream when everyone else is listening to it

5. You will lose a lot of potential members from the name "Helpful Hipsters". That is of course unless that is your target market

6. And if they are your target, there is very little potential for success since hipsters are afraid to tell people about music they like for fear of it becoming popular. God forbid other people like the same good music you listen to.

7. and god forbid the artist you like have fans and make some damn money

hipsters really confuse me...

Oh, i love this artist, but you dont know them, and only 5 people do, therefore they make NO money, can never go on tour, and will probably cease to exist soon

lol ok hipsters

8. (just to clarify) I don't consider myself a hipster, but I do listen to a lot of good music that people don't know about (I kinda research music hardcore). Pretty much what I'm aiming to do is find people like me who are knowledgeable in the sense that they have their own unique, diversified tastes in music who don't mind sharing the love.

I picked the name "helpful hipsters" because contrary to regular hipsters who are dicks and pride themselves on how indie they are, I want people who like non-mainstream music but don't mind turning people on to new bands :smoke:

I was also contemplating the name "The Hipster Initiative" :eek:

9. Why did the hipster burn his mouth?

Because he ate his food before it was cool.