Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Had my first panic attack I think?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by UpliftDrummer, Dec 10, 2013.

1. So last night I decided to have a nice bed time bonghit after a week tbreak and packed a huge bowl which took like 5 hits to clear haha

Well i felt fine until about 10 mins in when i decided to lay down, after i did this i could feel every heartbeat and that started to scare the shit outta me, I was thinking i could feel my heart in my chest and couldnt stop worrying about it. I even had to move like 5 times because i thought i could feel it moving around. I started shaking quite a lot. Was very paranoid

It hasnt put me off smoking though as ive just hit the bong again haha 

2. Smoking does raise the blood pressure so it's likely you felt the beats stronger. Senses are heightened that also played a part in it but you just started over thinking and that causes panic/paranoia attacks.    They suck but every once in a while I go through this but with my clogged nose and the need to breath through it gives me panic attacks.

3. Yeah, it sounds like you smoked a little bit too much especially after a tbreak. It happens every once in a while. I know what you mean about the heartbeat

Just take it a little slower next time.

4. Marijuana naturally increases your heart rate. If you don't do something after you smoke it's easy to get tripped into a bad thought and have a 'panic' attack.

5. Just remember it's the bud, usually happens to me alot but now I just ignore it and know not to take too much. Sucks because when I was younger I could have bong rip after bong rip and feel fine, now one hit will give a mini panic attack.

Sent from my Nexus S using Grasscity Forum mobile app