Had a dream about opening a 90's store

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buddha_Man, Feb 14, 2013.

1. #1 Buddha_Man, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
    How dope would that be? Like a store completely based on 90's kid culture and memorabelia.

i'd have a dvd section with all the good shows and movies from the era

t-shirts of 90's games like street fighter,sonic,zelda, etc. t-shirts from cool ass movies like terminator

collectibles like statues and action figures

imported surge from norway

retro consoles and buckets full of games that you could just dig through

a couple of arcade consoles that only cost 25 cents

reebok pumps and starter jackets

it would be sorta like a new/used store. you could bring in your cool shit from the 90's and sell it, then buy some more cool shit.

2. I dig it, I'll be an employee for ya

3. Oh I am more than down for this idea.

You should make a whole section devoted to Pokémon cards and shit. Also Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And get a slurpee machine installed while you're at it.

4. holy shit dude, thanks for the idea.

5. Sound like a risky move, but if it works it'd be cool :) I'd open open a 70s store if I could

6. Dope ass idea!!

7. my dude, if you get fruitopia in that bitch I'll be there

8. If someone opened a shop like this where we could sell our shit from the 90's I'd make a fucking fortune ahahaha.

9. also make it a headshop

10. You could start that off as a sweet little flea market booth if you get involved in the scene of flea markets. Then work your way up through revenues to see if there's enough interest. Also atari has all their games up for free on their website. Just fyi :wave:

11. nah man, its a 90's KIDS based store. i doubt most of us were smoking weed as a kid :rolleyes:

i know that theres tons of thrift shops/flea markets/online stores where you can find all this stuff, but i think it would be cool to have a place you can walk in and see it all there at once.

12. Sounds like a good idea, but I would choose a different era haha

13. Or you could have section for each decade. 20's thru 2000's

14. you would be swarmed with scene kids, but that store sure would be a great way to spend my paycheck

15. If you ever go for it, can you hook me up with a job? Because that sounds like an awesome place to work. Seriously I'd be willing to relocate.

16. That'd be a dope store to hit up but it'd have to be a big city. Not enough people to keep it in business out in a suburb or something.

Most of the people that would shop there would be rich 20 and 30 year olds being nostalgic. No one in their 20s with a regular job is going to drop crazy cash there, besides a tee-shirt or sega genesis or something.

Still, would be a dope store. Id come through

17. Love the idea I would definatly go to a store like that.

18. not to mention some 90's music, i live for the 90's everything about it, i always think about it, being a stoner in the 90's would have kicked ass