H8tter's 400W HPS DWC Trays - MR. NiceGuy & Sweettooth

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by H8tter, Aug 3, 2011.

1. #41 H8tter, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
    Day 80 Overall
    Day 54 - 12/12
    1350-1620ppm
    Ph - 5.7 - 6.0

Nearing the end of week 8 of flowering. I completely drained the hydro system and filled it back up with Ph'd water with Clearex. I'm going to let it run for 24 hours, drain and replace with Ph'd water for the next 48 hours. Harvest on Monday. The spider mights have proliferated exponentially over the past few weeks, pushing my harvest date up a little sooner then i wanted. This was a great, low maintenance trial.

DSC02899.JPG

Some of the taller branches have start leaning away from the light, 50-60% brown hairs.

Attached Files:

2. Looking good H8tter. Them spider mites got me to.Even with get rid of the one plant your gonna have an awesome harvest. Can't wait to see the finished product.

3. Day 82 Overall
    Day 56 - 12/12
    250-440ppm
    Ph - 5.7 - 6.5

During the past 72 hours, the Ph kept rising steadily, requiring regular doses of PH down. PPM in the res increased slightly over the flushing period. Ideally i would like to wait another 3-4 days but i have the day off so... Time to harvest! :hello: :smoke:

Time for those money shots i promised

DSC02913.JPG

DSC02918.JPG

Attached Files:

4. I tried a bunch of different angles, light configurations and flash options.

DSC02923.JPG

DSC02933.jpg

DSC02937.JPG

Attached Files:

5. I'm finished!!! It took me the entire season 1 of two and a half men to finish the job. Now the waiting game...

DSC02945.JPG
    Sweet Tooth on the left & Mr. Nice Guy on the right. 10am to 6pm, what a day!

Attached Files:

6. Very nice H8tter, how much did you loose to those shitty 8 legged bastards?

7. No casualties. Mr nice guy seemed to have been hardest hit. They sure did populate my fan leaves quite quickly though.

8. #48 H8tter, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
    After 5 days of drying and another 3-4 days of curing, the tallies are in....

Sweet Tooth - 208 grams (7.4 ounces) off of two plants. I attribute it to the scrog.
    Mr. Nice Guy - 59 grams (2.1 ounces) off of one plant. I doubled what i grew last time, but still not a big performer.

I already have four new plants vegging, all of them Sweet tooth. Hoping for a 400+ grams this next trial.

9. Not bad, as long as you getting more then before your doing something right :)

10. This was a personal best, up two and a half ounces from last time and i did it with only three plants! I grew more Sweet Tooth with two plants than i grew with four plants of the Sour Grape Haze. To be fair, it wasn't supposed to be able to compete with this grow. This trial included a longer veg time (26 vs 20), longer flowering time (56 vs 50), a more complete nutrient regime (used entire botanicare hydroponic nutrient line), a scrog, better ventilation and a new bulb. The plants had no mold/disease problems and only a minor spider might problem during the last few weeks of flowering.

Thanks for follwoing along everyone. I'll either start a new journal in the correct section this time or i might just turn this into a perpetual grow since i'm not changing anything for a while.

11. So, very naive here... But this was with a single 400w light, or with four 400 w lights?