H4H's perpetual motion grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Hippy4Humanity, May 22, 2012.

1. Ok, so I spent the better part of today cleaning and completely redoing my grow space, so I figured I'd go ahead and start my own journal.

For the moment I'm only working with one strain as that is all I had available. It's known locally as Ghani and is pretty close to a pure indica. It's been in this area for well over 20 years and I think it may be an original Afghani strain but I won't swear to it.

I should be getting a couple more strains in the next few weeks or so as some friends have clones ready. Hopefully I'll be getting some White Widow clones and some other strain that I can't remember the name of at the moment. I'm also trying to germinate some Grandaddy Perp bag seeds I picked up a couple weeks ago. They look to be good, but only time will tell.

The pics below are of my cloning/mother room. In the first pic are clones recently rooted, and my solo cup challenge entries.

Second is the clones and my home made clone bucket to the right and one of the fans in the room.

Third are my mothers and one of the plants getting ready for the next crop.

Fourth is the rest of the next crop. Both mothers and all of the next crop were just transplanted today and all will be transplanted again at least once.

Fifth is an over view of the room and the sixth shows my 400w MH and a couple more fans.

The next post will show the flowering room as it sits so far.

Attached Files:

2. This post is going to show the flowering room. I'm running two 400w hps lamps and at the moment only have a few small plants going. I've got an 8000 btu portable ac unit running in here with the exhaust running down through the floor to a charcoal filter. Eventually I'll have another ac unit in the mother room as well and these will take care of odor control as well as temps in both rooms.

Right now the flowering room is pretty empty and has yet to be finished, but I've got a good bit of room to work with and will update as things change.

The first pic is the ac unit with some of my buddies stuff I need to return to him behind and beside it.

Second pic is an overview of the two HPS lights with my tiny crop on one side and the remains of the last crop waiting to be disposed of on the other side.

Third pic is my next little crop which is about 4 weeks into flower.

Fifth and sixth pics are some close up bud shots .

Right now everything is pretty basic, and there are still a lot of things I want to do and add as I can afford to. I'll go more in-depth into what soil and nutes I'm using in the near future. For now I have to get ready for work so this will be it for tonight.

Attached Files:

3. Here are some updated pics of the current crop. These have been at 12/12 for about 38 days so right around 3 weeks to go.

Right now I am using the Fox Farm soils and nutes, but eventually I want to go to a fully organic grow.

Attached Files:

4. Very nice so far! Im about to start my first indoor grow as well

5. Thanks, and good luck with your project

6. I've got some Grandaddy Purp bag seeds I've been trying to germinate and so far I have 2 sprouts going from them. These 2 popped out after only 3 days so I'm gonna give the rest of the seeds another week or untill the rot which ever comes first. I'll get some pics of them up tomorrow as well as go more in-depth On my grow and what I am doing with it.

7. A pic of the Grandaddy purp sprouts, the nursery, Some of my supplies and my fans, and then a couple pics of the crop in 12/12.

I'm pretty much using the Fox Farms soil and nutes for now. I'm planning on getting a compost bin here in the next few weeks so I can start working on making my own soil mix. I root my clones in the bucket pictured in the previous post. Then I set them up in Jiffy pots for a bit to get going, and finally transplant to larger containers for vegging. Once they are the size I want, I transplant again to a larger pot to move to the flowering room.

The nursery is under two twenty 24w T5 lamps from Hydrofarm and also receive some light from the 400w hps. Right now I have about 14 or 16 clones in there as well as my solo cup challenge girls and the two GDP sprouts. I really hope I can get at least one female from these two.

There is still a lot of things I want to do with my grow space so expect to see changes as time goes by. I'll put up another post in a few days.

Attached Files:

8. Lookin sick homie. Gotta wait to rep anyone again. Subbed for harvest :D

Click my sig for my Thread :D take it easy homie

9. No pictures today, sorry y'all.

I thought today I'd go into how and why I got into growing and maybe a little more into my set up and future plans.

I've been wanting to get into growing for probably 20 years or so and just have never been in a situation where it would have been feasible. I've always wanted to be able to produce my own weed for several reasons and those reasons have changed and expanded over the years. First off is that once you have the gear to grow, it just seems like it is less expensive to produce my own rather than out right buy it. Secondly I like gardening and so it's just a natural extension. Also growing my own, I know what went into it and just feel safer than buying off the street.

I live in a trailer which I bought about 2 years ago, and it's the first time in my life where I have lived in my own place where I make the decisions on what happens here. I've lived in apartments and what not, but never felt comfortable enough to try growing in them. The last six years before buying my trailer I lived with my father as his caretaker until he passed away. Though I probably could have done a small grow there, I would not because my father wouldn't have approved.

Since getting my place I had been planning to start a grow, but I just never had the time and money at the same time to get going. Back in Dec/Jan a friend of mine who has been growing for years moved and couldn't keep growing where he moved to so asked if I'd like to set up his lights at my place and start doing a split on the crops. I couldn't pass up the chance.

So we got things set up and started with some old triple revegged plants and ended up with a harvest that looked good, but had very little punch. I had tried to get some new clones going from the plants, but all of mine died. I really lucked out because I had given another friend about 25 clippings and he was able to get almost all of them to root and gave me back five nice healthy rooted clones to keep me afloat.

I nursed them up for several weeks during which time I built a pretty shitty clone box which though ugly and only about 50% successful, allowed me to start producing my own clones and keep things moving.

It was shortly after that when I found this sight and started doing a lot of research and am very grateful to all of those who have been kind enough to share their knowledge here.

Any ways, the first bunch of pics and posts on here are during that second much more successful harvest, and things have been proggressing pretty quickly from there.

I have slowly built up all my own equipment over the last few months and by the end of July will splitting off from my buddy who got me started and the entire operation will be mine lock stock and barrel.

Right now the list of equipment that is mine is as follows.

1 home made clone bucket, got the idea for it here and it kicks butt
    1 150w Mh lamp for the clone bucket, it sits about 3 feet above the top of the bucket.
    2 24w t5 hydrofarm 24 inch lamps with the jump start stands.
    1 400w mh with a hydrofarm hood
    1 400w hps hydrofarm sunpro lamp
    multiple plastic tubs used for reservoirs
    dozens of assorted pots
    2 ossilating fans
    2 clamp fans
    1 8000btu portable ac unit
    several digital timers and extension cords
    1 work table
    a couple shelving units
    all my nutrients and soils (all fox farms)
    various tools and implements of destruction

Things I'm still borrowing.
    1 400w hps lamp

Things still to be added in the future.
    2 400w hps lamps
    I need to run new 20 amp circuits to the room so I don't have to have extension cords stretching from one end of my house to the other.
    I want to build frames for scrogs eventually.

I'm sure there are a lot of other things that will come as time goes by, but for now, that is the primary things left to be done.

Things will be continuously changing and evolving on an ongoing basis until I get things to just the way I want them. But for right now, I am just happy to be at a point where I can be self sustaining.

I'll be posting more every few days or so as I go, so stay tuned :D

10. Just a quick update on the GDP bag seeds. Most of them went fungus, but I got two to germinate. Of the two, one is doing really well, and the other is really struggling. The second one is still alive, but it just isn't doing anything at all since sprouting. I a pic of each for comparison, and would love to hear from anyone who might no what I can do to help the slow one.

Also, I'm including a pic of the clone bucket's current residents from below. I love this bucket, it works like magic :D

Attached Files:

11. leave it alone and let it dry a bit...some just take longer ta get roots under em;)gdp dont like high temps

12. keep up the good work

13. I keep the room at between 65 at night and tops of 75 during the day. I have an 8000 btu ac unit for a 12x5 room. I appreciate the advice, it's pretty much what I was thinking except the letting it dry out part. I'll give that a shot. Thanks

14. How have things been going? I guit my job. :/ i couldn't take it any longer. How are the girls doing?? haha. Any new pics??

15. wow its funny you said that cause i almost did that today. i wanted to punch that dude so hard, but i went on lunch an blazed a fatty, an went back to being their puppet cause i was toasted lol but back to the grow?????? how is it???

16. #16 smoke4free757, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    [quote name='"kittybuns"']

wow its funny you said that cause i almost did that today. i wanted to punch that dude so hard, but i went on lunch an blazed a fatty, an went back to being their puppet cause i was toasted lol but back to the grow?????? how is it???[/quote]

My girls ok. My mite problem still isn't gone. The spinosad organic spray isn't working anymore or I'm just not using it often enough. Every 3-4 days. Other than that she's good. Buds look nice. Top bud is starting to lean. Smell is slightly stronger. I'm gonna flush for 3 weeks (started 3 days ago) then 48hrs of darkness before I chop. I'm gonna cut the bottom 4 branches on Tuesday

I can't wait to see what H4H's GDP is looking like A.S.A.P! Haha

17. Subbed! Meant to rep Hippy, but repped^^^ this guy instead.. enjoy bud!:smoke:

18. subbed for sure! ready to lurk! :p

19. Thanks guys. Things have been a bit hectic here the last couple weeks, so I really haven't had a lot of time to post. I should be able to get some new pics up today or tomorrow.

20. Ok, so here's a quick and dirty update on what's going on here lately. The first crappy pic is of the GDP I have been working with and all signs point to it being female. I've topped it once and should be taking a couple more cuttings tomorrow for cloning, and then I'll be transplanting her and putting her into 12/12 in about a week.

The rest of the pics are of the current crop which has been in 12/12 for about 21 days. These are all Ghani and is one of my favorite strains.

I'll get some more pics of the rest of the set up sometime in the next couple days. Thanks for looking.

PS: all pics were taken with my crappy cell phone because my camera is being a piece of shhhhh... stuff.

Attached Files: