H202 or hydroguard???

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hyDRO_GRO, Aug 17, 2018.

1. I bought a water chiller from Israel that's a piece of $#$@. I have water temps that get up to 75-76. I am throwing Bottles of frozen water every few hrs or so. I was told from a fellow member that H202 would kill any beneficial bacteria from hydro guard. Makes total sense but I didn't even think about it. So what would be better H202 or hydro guard? I have a bottle of silica otw too.

2. A 3rd option is clorox, 2 drops per gallon, but it will kill beneficial bacteria.
    The online consensus I've seen prefers clorox over hydrogen peroxide.
    My present nute company, Current Culture, charges a few tens of dollars for a gallon of dilute clorox they call "UC Roots."

3. I use hydroguard. Had the slight browning of roots before I ordered it and after one day of hydroguard in my DWC my roots were white again.

4. I'm the fellow member you refer to and my answer is still the same - Hydroguard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Personally i go with sm-90 but hydroguard is the only other product id recommend.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Get a good chiller.

7. I’m still super new, but I know what has been working for me. I’ve been using h2o2 to treat an existing issue then after a few days discontinue h2o2 and use hydroguard, or similar product to prevent any further issues.

8. Cool. Good to kno bro

9. I use great white.
    Never use anything to kill the good bacteria