H 2 O2 for bud washing

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Sypha, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Going to put a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide into a 2.5gal bucket.. only going to use 2gals of it tho..

Since i cant find a definitely answer online anywhere else i figure ill ask here on the CITY..

How many drops is usually recomended per gal of solution.. basically how many drops should i put in my 2gal solution..

Any & all help is greatly appreciated!!

(3%)
    [​IMG]

Flower tent Vegging outside the flower tent

2. sypha i don't understand what you are doing.

3. I did a simple bud wash..

2 gal h202 solution..
    2 gal of plain ol clean water..

Dipped the bud into the solution for about 15-30 secs or so then into the plain water bucket right after washing off exess solution and any all all impurities that were left on the plant..

Heres a video of the master him self doin it!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. thx guys, I've never done this before.
    I did recently include a UVC procedure when I harvest though, but that just kills everything, not wash.

• Like Like x 3
  5. That's my next purchase for next season is UV-C Lamp for Mould Spore's. Only problem is it's line of site and can't reach into the flower.

Actually there's 2 type's of UV-C Lamp's, normal and then there is UV-C Ozone Lamp's that release Ozone into the air. So this Lamp's not line of site and can sterilize behind cupboards ect...

• Like Like x 2
  6. #10 Sypha, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Its a start.. if you start washing ull be surprised as too how much comes off that u dont want/need to smoke.. as u can see in my solution bucket.. a bunch of idk what.. i grow in a tent indoors idk where all that came from but im glad its gone off my plant lol..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. its why i built a filter for all my incoming air into my room, but i'm still uvc'n at the end now.

I didn't think of that when i purchased this lamp, which is supposed to not produce any ozone, but there's a very strange smell after using it in the air. I don't breath it in, I just open a window and leave. Here's a short description I wrote up on it:
    Drying in the Presence of UVC

I also read gamma irradiation works without hurting THC/CBD.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yes that's the smell of Ozone, like when there is a good Thunder Storm what your smelling in the air is Ozone:)

Yeah your really not supposed to be in the same room with the Ozone & should be wearing safety glass's and glove's with any hand held device UV-C Lamp.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That's what i thought and after doing the 3 wash's i still got some White/Blue Mould in some of the nuggets. Had to bin two good cola head's...

10. yes, im the f* atta there when its on; ther's a 1min timer before it starts.
    yes, I was sick of spores and mold and losing crops and prize buds... its a worthy sacrifice. Plus I get to use the light when I am cleaning the house, or prepping rockwool, or similar tasks. I'm still bleaching stuff though. The filtered air intake + UVC will help I figure... just too much at stake!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. and I agree with what you are doing, I just don't like the thought of getting them wet. I hope that this works for you, and it already did clean em up so its good!

12. Ive also done a solution of lemon and water but dont have any this time around so went with the H 2 O2 solution as ive seen it done also..

Soaking the olants like this doesnt really slow down my dry time how i would like..
    (i jar after about 3-4 days hanging) some pplz crop take longer and they dont wet em’ lol

(Some mix both into their solution)

• Like Like x 2
  13. It doesn't have much of a negative impact on the flowers. After washing tie a piece of string to the stalk and spin dry out the water or put in front of a fan for a couple of hours to evaporate off the water.

As for losing Trich's in the process, 2% loss (though I've never counted). You'll lose more Trich's sticking to your fingers chopping up. Lol...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Has anyone read studies showing peroxide actually kills anything after it's been diluted so much? I can understand why anyone would shudder at the thought of vaping bug poo but in fact we've been smoking and eating bug poo since humans evolved and that's why our bodies have developed defenses that makes washing bud unnecessary for all of us except the immunocompromised. I think if I had a bug problem and saw poo all over my bud I'd wash it just because of the icky factor, even if it didn't kill anything. If I had an obvious mold problem I'd make concentrate with it and my next grow I'd pay attention to air circulation and dehumidification.... which is just what I did.

But washing it doesn't hurt anything so I can't think of any reason to advise against it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Been a minute since you posted this comment, but from what I've read about peroxide and bud washing even small concentrations are still very efficient at quickly breaking down the cell walls of mold and fungus. I use 250ml per 4-5 gal bucket (how's that for mixing units of measure!?). In the original Jorge Cervantes video you can visibly see the dead PM on the surface of the peroxide solution bucket.

I'm not immuno compromised but I've had weed from people that had mold or something on it and I got a REALLY strong allergic reaction. I'm talking full body itchiness with hives and constricted air way. Had to go stand in a hot-as-I-can-stand steamy shower for 45 min., and I'm just a guy who gets seasonal allergies and stuff. The minimal time and effort it takes to do a quick bud wash before hanging to dry is well worth it IMO.

• Like Like x 2