Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gym stoners

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Questabella, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Anyone work out when their high? I do and i swear it helps me cause i cant really feel my muscles and i tend to push harder and zone out more on the treadmill or am i kust trippin?

2. dude i working out and i like smoking...but i never tried them together. im tryin to do my homework rite now n its hard ass fuck n im high

3. pretty sure working out would kill your high fast

4. I like a nice sativa when I'm working out.

Ill smoke a bowl, then I work out for like 30 min and then I smoke a bowl before I hop in the pool. Then afterwards its a bowl of a nice indica to relax me.

I do this every other day. Boom. Encouragement.

5. smoke a ounce in a week, eating the most fatty foods and no exercise. then run a 10k in an hour... see how high and focused u are then

6. Never done that, but its good to use to relax after i workout.

7. When I smoke right before the gym I end up doing a lot of cardio to warm up, and i start working my less used muscles. Since I started doing it I've gotten noticeably bigger and waaay more toned.
    It helps me to push through that mental barrier where I think I can't do any more

8. I don't work out when i'm high (have before, its okay.) i like going on runs high, but for intense weight lifting i like to smoke after.

Feels sooo good to smoke after a good work out, with an ice cold bottle of water :smoking:

9. I'll smoke do a CrossFit WOD, smoke, row, smoke, weightlifting, smoke, smoke. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. I don't think it helps at all though performance wise. If it arises a self awareness that you didn't possess prior to smoking then maybe it is beneficial to you.

10. I smoke half a joint before going to gym to prove that us Stoners are not lazy. I attack the weights like I'm pushing myself through hard work whether I'm high or not.

11. Absolutely. I get high and do boxing, its awesome. A little helps excercise a lot but too much ruins it completely lol.

12. I love stretching or doing some basic pushups/situps while I'm stoned.

My biggest love is going for a bike ride while I'm stoned. I can just go and go and go forever. I'll push a faster pace, but be more efficient. I'll also ration my water and be more willing to try new trails/lines. It's great fun!

13. While I seem to fatigue less, I find that my heart rate doesn't elevate as quickly or easily as it usually does when I hit the cardio.
    This seems detrimental.
    Maybe for lifting or resistance it would be ok though.

14. #14 Questabella, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
    I thought mj increased your heart rate.

15. It has done on occasion, but when it comes to the gym thing, the monitors say otherwise. Maybe it speeds it up to past normal, but not up to cardio kind of levels.

16. lifiting weight when your high makes it feel like your going through motions, in a good way. almost like you zone out, yet still get all the work in.

17. Smoking + Bikram yoga is amazzzzing!!! So trippy, I love it :)

18. Bikram yoga never heard of it ive done hot yoga are they similar

19. i'll smoke a bowl before going to train but i usually sober up after the warm up lol

20. Yeah- the main differences are Bikram is hotter, longer, quieter and the lighting is brighter. Also, there are 26 specific postures that you hold along with breathing exercises. If you like hot yoga, try Bikram! I think the physical & mental health benefits are even greater.