GW Bush's New Memoir and 9/11 Flight 93

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Memoir

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Xoxaf1Al0]YouTube - Rumsfeld says Flight 93 was "shot down."[/ame]

So now Bush and Cheney have at one time or another thought flight 93 was shot down.

:eek: :poke: :D:smoke:

INB4Pandoras

2. I dont think they caused the 9/11 attacks...but they definitely knew about them.

3. #3 Medicine Al, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
    Why don't they want the book coming out before the election?:D

Slimy is as slimy does.

Don't forget to vote, kids. And remember.

Who did Bush work for again?

4. I heard that awhile ago. Apparently they gave orders to shoot it down but only under certain conditions such as if it was with-in distance of a heavily populated area, etc.

You can imagine no one would want to give the order to shoot down a passenger jet with out taking every precaution to avoid it.

In the speed and confusion of the moment when they first got word that the plane was down, they assumed the worse that it was actually shot down.

I don't know, the conspiracy theorist will jump all over this but i find this believable.

Even if it was shot down (which i don't believe) what were they expected to do? Let it crash into a populated area? And if they had shot it down, what good would it be to tell the public?

I believe that the government should be honest with the people, but you have to draw your own line.

The American people went thru a lot that day and propaganda like that is ripe to be exploited by those who mean to do more psychological harm to the people.

It would have done nothing to help in the healing process. Its like telling a cancer patient that they have a chance, but in reality you don't believe that for a minute, but by giving them hope they just might pull through. Just sayin when it comes to lying some times its the right thing to do.

IDK, just my take on the whole situation.:)

5. Worked in NYC, didn't it?

Yes, those planes were tracked.

I believe you are missing the point.

This was the HIGH point of Bush's terms in office, and used to justify unleashing hell on Earth.

And these guys are lying, about lying, about lying.

What's the difference between a Jihad, and a crusade?

The Pope will only approve of one.

Did the Pope tell you it's OK to lie, GW?????

Or was it someone else?

Saudis, and Turkeys, and Bushes, oh, my...;)

6. Just sayin i don't believe any president, right or left, would be evil enough to order a plane shot down without taking every precaution. Maybe i just have more faith in humanity.

As far as lying, politicians are some of the best, I'm not naive to that fact. And I'm not defending Bush but even if the plane was shot down it still changes nothing. Its done its over. There's nothing criminal and even if you believe there is there's no way to prove it. And as far as bush he's irrelevant now, out to pasture in Texas. Its over. Hell i'm almost as sick of hearing Bush's name as i am Reagan's, and Clinton's, i mean my god can we move on already. Don't we have enough problems to deal with, oh yeah, thats right, they're Bush' fault.

As for lying, I still say lying is some times justified based on its intents and reasoning.

7. I don't think anything explains what was going on that day better then these transcripts from norad....9/11 Live: The NORAD Tapes | Politics | Vanity Fair

I believe in page 5 in there it starts talking about flight 93, this is a quote from that page but i would recommend going through that whole article and listening to the transmissions and you'll get an idea of the confusion and the tough decisions that had to be made that day by NORAD and you'll see they never really had time to take action on any of the hiijacked planes....

"Major General Arnold explained to the commission that the military had been tracking United 93 and the fighters were in position if United 93 had threatened Washington. "It was our intent to intercept United Flight 93," Arnold testified. "I was personally anxious to see what 93 was going to do, and our intent was to intercept it."

Colonel Marr, the commanding officer at neads on 9/11, had made similar comments to ABC News for its one-year-anniversary special on the attacks, saying that the pilots had been warned they might have to intercept United 93, and stop it if necessary: "And we of course passed that on to the pilots: United Airlines Flight 93 will not be allowed to reach Washington, D.C."

8. I put nothing past these guys anymore!!!

9. It sickens me to read 9-11`ers trash. Dumbest shit i have ever heard. All of it.

[​IMG]

10. fixed :D

11. [​IMG]

Now look at the distribution of the Debris from the plane.

[​IMG]

oh okay. Thats how the debris landed. :/

12. Oh, and incase you'd like to hear the blackbox recordings of what really happened in the cockpit of Flight 93, you can't. They "didn't find" the titanium encased blackbox of the plane that could EASILY survived the crash.

But then you'd know the real story.

13. Here you wan't cockpit recordings????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HoGrkNNgB4&feature=related]YouTube - United Air Flight 93 air traffic recording[/ame]

14. That's not cockpit recording, it's radio. It seems the 93 pilot was being monitored and pretending to be talking to the passengers but talking to Cleveland, letting them know they had a bomb on board.

Was the black puff of smoke them on the ground or them smoking in the air?

15. #15 PARAMEDIC, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
    Not the black box recordings, that's a very partial transcript of the CVR.

Wouldn't that have some useful information in it? They didn't find ANY of them? Meanwhile they were indenifying bodies by the small fragments of bone left over in the rubble of the twin towers, but NO BLACKBOXES? Seriously. Come on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT28hCyXsLs&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT28hCyXsLs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

16. It still upsets me that a general paranoia can exist where normal people think the government is more likely to buzz them with a police helicopter equipped with IR sensors to detect a handful of marijuana plants growing in a closet than track a handful of planes with GPS transmitters and detailed flight logs.

That means government is definitely doing something wrong and an election is going to change that.

17. This is a "must buy"...:)

18. The line between critical thinker and conspiracy theorist is as fine as a hair.

Why, who cares? What good is it. I prefer to live in the here and now and look towards the future instead of obsess over a political figure, especially George Bush. A future driven self is a mentally healthy self.:smoke:

19. Indeed budda...:smoke::)

Wont stop me buying it though...
    Gotta have something to read when relaxing in the lavatory...:)

20. Try Hustler, i highly recommend it.:D