Guys: Opinions on this situation?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by downtosesh, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I was introduced to this guy (Josh*) through a mutual friend. It turns out all three of us got along really well and liked hanging out.
    Last week we made plans to go over to his house and sesh.

We go over and all is well, but one of his (house mates?)/friend came over and was completely obnoxious. I'm not trying to sound stuck up, but I didn't like him. He kept putting down all the guys in the room to try and get the female attention & was very arrogant.

We decided it would be a good idea to go for a walk down to the beach, so we asked everyone there if they wanted to come. They said no, so we left. Josh* texts us twice asking where we are, we tell him and he says ok. We didn't feel comfortable around that guy, his personality was really dominant, so we were thinking of going home.

We go back to the house and they've all gone out, Josh* was mad apparently. I texted him the following day apologising, that I didn't mean to be rude, but he never answered so I guess he's still pissed.

:(
    Was I really that rude?

2. I think your pal is unnecessarily butthurt. Just tell him that you didn't like the one dude so you dipped. However I don't think you handled the situation as well as you could have.

3. I wouldnt stress. Its likely that the arrogant guy was a good friend and was acting as if he normally would around his friends. You probably saw *Josh acting polite to better make your acquaintance - his friend was likely the real deal.

You werent rude, you were honest.

4. I don't think I handled it the best, either. I didn't want to come off like a bitch by saying that I didn't like his friend.

5. he was an alpha male..you hear that "alphas" your not always the shit hahaha. But na i dint think you where mean

6. It sounds like you have a case of this friend not having a girlfriend and being a dick when someone hangs out with women, if the women aren't there for them. It happens a lot.
    I used to have a friend that would act like twice the dick he ever was if I was in the company of my partner...almost like...I don't know, felt his manhood took a hit because he didn't have a female companion too or something?

I'd suggest fuck off the texting - call him or go over and talk to him.
    Be direct. Tell him you don't like being around folks that act like that...and you came over to spend time with him or whatever and it killed the atmosphere.
    The let him make the decision.
    It'll either be him trying to tell the friend to tone it down some, or him choosing the friend over you or likewise.
    Sadly enough, there's only a range of options here.

7. #7 downtosesh, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012

I think you're right about his friend, that's exactly how he comes off.
    I wouldn't want him to choose, that is his friend and he enjoys his company. I would just prefer to hang out without that guy next time.

The thing is I don't know him that well/don't feel comfortable calling him.
    I just hate that I gave someone that impression, because I'm not a bitch at all. Maybe I could have expressed myself better to him, but when I'm high emotions/expression just become void. :mad:

8. Then go over, and take him for a coffee.
    Talk about it, it's not going to fix itself.

9. He sounds like a beta who tried too hard to be alpha.

10. Sounds like a lil bitch.

11. Hell yeah GNJ!! Couldn't have said it better myself. If Josh had a set of balls and actually cared about hanging with you he would have told the "lil bitch" to take a hike.

12. Sounds like Josh needs to lighten up. So you wanted to go for a walk to the beach, big deal!

I don't know know many of the details, but what would you say the odds are that you are a girl and Josh wants to hook up with you, so he was upset that you bounced?

13. You weren't rude, but it didn't sound like you were being that real with Josh. Why didn't you tell him upfront that you thought his friend was obnoxious?

14. Josh is a pussy.

15. Yeah, like many other people have said, sounds to me like he's a naturally submissive person who tried really hard to be dominant in order to impress the girl (you? not sure...).

I like to see myself as a dominant person, but I feel no need whatsoever to impress that on other people, so I do and say as I feel all the time. Sometimes the things I say or do would probably give you a different idea of me, but why should I care? This guy sounds like the opposite.

16. #16 lightgreenhay, Aug 5, 2012
    you apologized the next day?
    Don't worry about it you shouldn't have apologized though

17. Sounds like a tv show script

18. #18 SickSider, Aug 5, 2012
    nope i was joking but your reply just sounds like a typical bitch that believes in all that alpha beta bullshit.

19. This^^^

20. I kind of think that, now that it's "after the fact".. And I've had time to reflect on it.
    I took the advice of a previous replier on here, and sent him a casual text just asking how he was doing. No reply.
    So there is my answer. It's just unfortunate he had to be so immature.

Thanks everyone for your input, it was helpful :)