Guys just thought of this stoned as dick..

Discussion in 'General' started by xsubxwooferx, Apr 28, 2009.

1. its prob stupid or dont make sense but here it goes...

What if in the future like in just couple 4 or 5 years that about 60 percent of the earth was solar powered like electricity and such and that the reflectors or things that would produce the electricity was taking in some of the suns rays or whatever thats hiting the earth causing the earth to cool down some and produce ice in the caps and longer winters?

2. it makes sense other than the fact the solar panels absorb the rays not reflect them

3. yeah that....hard to think and write at same time ha

4. I don't think I have ever felt so stoned I compared it to a dick:laughing:

but yes, makes sense.

5. you were right first time

:smoking:

6. Its a great idea, although solar panel efficiency sucks right now. To produce as much power as a coal or gas fired plant you'd need an enormous array of panels, which takes up too much space. Also, the best place for solar plants is at the equator (since it gets the most consistant amount of sun), but most of the land at the equator is either on the ocean or in Africa, which is unfesable for big solar plants.

I'm more of a fan of afforable home generation. It only costs a couple hundred bucks to build a small wind turbine that will produce 1kW. Add a solar panel or two into the mix, and you could be self suficient. Of course, you'd need a battery bank to store the power.