Guys, I have an issue.

Discussion in 'General' started by Fluency, Nov 4, 2011.

1. So I'm in college, and I have this class at 9 AM on MWF. I've skipped that class for the last 2 weeks, 6 consecutive times. My issue is whether or not I should e-mail the professor or not.

What do you guys think? She said we are allowed to miss exactly 7 days.

2. Are you planning on passing it or ever going to it?

3. Professors don't care about you, especially if you show you don't care about them or their class.
    You can, but it most likely won't do anything. They maaaaaay be nice and tell you what you've missed if you ask, but no promises.

4. I am planning on going back on Monday, and I'll be able to pass, as the professor is almost too nice. However, I just don't want to hear "Oh, where have you been the last 2 weeks?" because I might just say "sleeping, you?"

5. I doubt she'll ask that. If she does, any excuse will work, it's not like it matters, what's done is done.
    If I skip repeatedly, I e-mail my professors out of guilt, though I know it does nothing for me.

6. Dude i dont think the prof cares bout each student that much. If he happems to ask just be like, sleepin you?

7. Why are you asking us? It's up to you, man.

8. Do not email her. They don't care and moreover don't like it.

9. if she does ask just be like 'sleeping, you?'

10. does she take attendance?

Pisses me off when teachers take attendance, this isnt highschool anymore... Its your decision to skip, my advice though is if you do make sure you're ALWAYS up to date on your work.
    last year i skipped a lot, and didnt do shit, and this year i have to repeat like 70% of my classes. Big buzzkill, and another 10 grand (more actually) gone.
    so yea... do your homework :D

11. Just show up don't be A wuss

12. just show and act like youve been there everyday...like a boss!

13. It isn't high school. She just doesn't give a fuck. Why would you skip 6 days of a class that someone is paying for? Stop being lazy and take your ass to class.

14. My Algebra 2 teacher in 11th grade was CRAZY smart.

He said he went to his Math Class junior year of college for 2 days. The midterm and the final. and he passed.

Moral of the Story. You can DO IT!

15. Don't bother emailing. They don't care for your excuses. Just show up to class.

16. u dun goofed

17. Jus go to class and participate. Gotta walk the walk before doing the talk the talk in this situation.

18. I wouldn't email, your prof probably doesn't even know who your are, all you are to most college profs is a name on a piece of paper

19. I'd be fucked 4 days ago at my college

20. Well, not every college class has a hundred students in it. My classes in college were the same size or smaller than my high school classes. I'd say the professor has definitely noticed.

But really, there's no good reason outside of a serious illness to have missed two straight weeks of a given class. I tried to limit my absences per class to two or three a semester - and definitely not consecutively.

It's probably safe to say OP didn't keep up with the syllabus during the past two weeks, so I'd recommend working your ass off to complete as much of the missed workload as possible and fire off a short, contrite e-mail apologizing for missing so many classes and then get your act together for the rest of the semester. I mean, if you can't wake up and drag yourself to a class at 9 AM, try doing it every single day at a real job. My college campus was small enough to make it from my dorm at one extreme end of the place to the other - on foot - in about ten minutes. A forty-five minute commute or more in the real world requires a lot more effort. At least you can go to the first class of the day without a shower and no one will bat an eyelash.

Forgive the "real world" rant but I really miss the days when sitting through a class and taking notes was the biggest problem I had.