Gupta Special #2 Doubling Down

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by claygooding, Mar 6, 2014.

1. \t 
    Gupta: ‘I am doubling down' on medical marijuana
    <blockquote>I am more convinced than ever that it is irresponsible to not provide the best care we can, care that often may involve marijuana.
    I am not backing down on medical marijuana; I am doubling down. […]
    Marijuana is classified as a Schedule I substance, defined as “the most dangerous” drugs “with no currently accepted medical use.”
    Neither of those statements has ever been factual. […]
    Terms matter, too.
    We are talking about a medicine, known scientifically as cannabis. In order for people to start thinking of this substance as a medicine, perhaps we should start calling it by its medical name, something that was suggested to me by medical marijuana advocates pretty much everywhere I went this year.
    I've tried to pull together these latest developments in our new documentary, “Cannabis Madness.” […]
    I know the discussion around this topic will no doubt get heated. I have felt that heat. But I feel a greater responsibility than ever to make sure those heated discussions are also well-informed by science.
    And, with that: I hope you get a chance to watch on March 11 at 10 p.m. Eastern.
    </blockquote> :cool:

2. Gupta is a HUGE plus for the MMJ movement...a highly respected Dr that saw how he and the people of this country are being misled...

3. Best part about him is he was totally against medical marijuana...until he actually did some research and stopped believing all the lies we were fed. Hopefully one day we will all have access to this wonderful plant.

4. Love a guy that can admit when he's wrong.....

5. This makes me a happy camper.

Sent from my island getaway.

6. I emailed him(via CNN) after he released his first documentary letting him know how I have to sneak around like a criminal, at the age of 64, to buy cannabis for my health issues bc I live in a "dry" state.  I know there were others on here who also wrote to him. which I'm sure helped him realize it's not all about underage kids wanting to get high.

Another hopeful sign I saw on Dr. Oz yesterday, which surprised me that they didn't edit it out before airing.  He was talking to an audience member about some healthy drink concoction he gave her to try, and he asked her what she thought of it, she said something kind of quietly and he didn't catch it, and asked her if she said it tasted like REEFER! hahaha,  Everyone laughed bc she repeated her statement which was that she said it was a "keeper".  He then tried to recoup and said he is leaving reefer for another show. :hello:  The more the merrier  :yay:.         

7. #7 00Hassel, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    :cool:

</blockquote> 

Definitely agree with the bolded. Referring to it as marijuana (or worse yet, mariHuana) is sort of like the "N Word" of cannabis. It's a throwback to the reefer madness days. IMO using the term cannabis, when you are addressing people in a professional/medical environment paints the picture in a much better light.

I am happy to hear the great news. I'm glad he was honest enough to learn the truth and admit that he was wrong.

I'm sure the Prarie Plant Bill jokesters in Michigan/Canada are happy about this news - one step closer to rescheduling cannabis, which would allow them to start their "Pharma-Grade" monopoly scheme in Michigan via corner-store pharmacies. I just haven't looked closely enough to see if Dr. Gupta is truly a supporter for access, or being paid behind the scenes to lobby for rescheduling. I'll keep thinking positive and hope it's the former.

/EDIT
    That's a very good write-up/intro piece at the CNN link. I like what he has to say. Hopefully he's playing for the good guys.

8. ^^^I use cannabis when talking about MMJ,hemp when talking about MMJ/marijuana/pot and usually only call it pot or marijuana when talking to prohibitches,,I want to be sure their limited IQ doesn't mistake my rebuttal because cannabis has too many syllables,,and we don't need another way for someone to drive another wedge between pot supporters,hemp growers and MMJ supporters,,it is time to start calling all three by all it's names because it is the same plant,,,and until we get marijuana free MMJ and hemp will remain over regulated and over priced,,,which is what some people want,,they don't want prices to fall,,,too bad,,I do.

9. #9 Storm Crow, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    Hey! Have any of you posted up a comment? I posted this up, 3 minutes ago and have 2 "likes" already! We got a HOT TOPIC, kids! Take advantage of it! :yay:

"The first case study on the use of the cannabis concentrate usually referred to as "RSO" or "Phoenix Tears", has been published at PubMed- "Cannabis extract treatment for terminal acute lymphoblastic leukemia with a Philadelphia chromosome mutation” (2013). A quote from the study, "Cannabinoid resin extract is used as an effective treatment for ALL with a positive Philadelphia chromosome mutation and indications of dose-dependent disease control. The clinical observation in this study revealed a rapid dose-dependent correlation." For a more personal view of another cancer case (breast/brain cancer) treated with RSO, run the search for the forum post, "Cancer the tumors are really shrinking"."

Granny

10. I have started using "cannabis" as well....another word I feel we need to get away from using is "sober".  I think it sends the wrong idea to folks who've never used cannabis. To me It makes it sound like when you use cannabis you are "drunk" to the uninformed, anyway....

11. #11 jmick, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    @[member="Storm Crow"]

Do you ever post in the comments sections of AlterNet or Raw Story? I subscribe to both of their feeds and there are numerous articles daily about cannabis on those news feeds....you could make a huge impact there with your knowledge.....

I've seen claygooding there before.... :gc_rocks:

13. I was reading an article about cannabis from some site that came up on my Facebook news feed and in the comments section, low and behold, I see clay there with his stache and sunglasses haha.

14. #14 Storm Crow, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    Come on, dudes, there is just ONE of me! I can't do it ALL! Between the List, GC, commenting in the news, indoor gardening, and a few other "activist" things that I do, my days are FULL! And I do have a life, guys! I cook, and shop, and vac the floors, watch the news, and all that normal stuff, too! I honestly don't see how I can fit in much more! I am tied to the computer most of the day as it is! I AM HUMAN!

So here is my Day- I just got up, took care of my body, made some tea and got on GC. When the tea and thyroid pills cut in, and my brain is fully functioning, then I will be advising a kid with a cancer-stricken mother. That will take me at least an hour, because you know how thorough I can be and this person deserves it. Somewhere in there I will make my breakfast and eat while typing.

After I finish that, it will be off to the kitchen- things got crazy yesterday, my eldest son sustained a mild concussion and was at the hospital, so the kitchen is a disaster- nobody cleaned up things. (FYI- He's OK, even went to work today.) As soon as my son returns from work, I jump in the van and do the monthly big shopping trip- I'll travel to the "big city" to shop- some 35 miles from here. I'll hit every store to get the bargains at each one.

After I return, I package up and freeze all the bulk meat I bought, put all the grains and such into jars, stash the canned goods, etc. Then I'll continue working on the baby quilt I am making for a dear friend's grandchild. By then, it will be time to consider what's for dinner tonight! I have to bake bread today, too! I'll slip in watching the news (about all the TV I watch) and toke with the hubby. Then after dinner,  back online at GC, PubMed, or other sites and likely answer the questions the young man has about RSO and cancer. And then after a pre-bed-time smoke, I go to sleep to start it all over again.

So what is stopping YOU from "pulling a Granny" and commenting at Reddit and Raw Story? You dudes and gals are smart, you have the info, you go to Reddit and Raw Story, so DO IT!

If you don't have the info, get a copy of my List- bottom of my sig for my email, or PM me your email address!

I think I am more than ready for my first toke of the day.

Granny

15. @[member="Storm Crow"]

But you're the best....

Thanks for being so committed to spreading your knowledge and helping others...I only suggested that you may want to post at those places because you come across as being so credible.

I do comment as jimbojr, but like I said, you're the best...

Again, thanks for all you do..... :hello:

16. I usually start my day at 6 cruising the news,,brkfst at 8,,back to the news and forums while backchecking comments made the day before,in case someone really wants more info about marijuana,,don't usually pay much attn to them after 2 days though,,I also cook because my sister thinks the smoke alarm is a timer,,right now I am planning a pot of chili for the next cold snap,,but I did see my first Robin today,,,they usually don't show up until around Easter,,,I guess they didn't want to miss 4/20...I am usually at it until 11>12 pm every night,,,where I cant comment I post it to facebook where I can give my thoughts on the articles,,,and about an hour a day goes to forwarding links about how much taxes CO is making to all my TX legislators,,,just so they know.

17. I really wish you didn't have to encourage these so called "representatives" (haha, yeah right) with talk of taxes as I am vehemently against taxation in all forms but unfortunately money is the one and only thing those parasites give a damn about. I think it will happen by voter initiative like co and wa far before the scum will do it.

18. if the drug warriors are willing to go to bed with the cartels then we must dance with the devil also,,,,,

19. I'm not too excited about this new documentary. His last doc about marijuana focused on how it is only good for medical use and then went on to say how it is addictive and can ruin your life. Stopped watching the doc after they started talking about how it is addictive cause that's bullshit. He doesn't want it to be fully legal either. Only for medical use which I don't agree with at all. I saw the advertisement also and it looks like more of the same from the first documentary but I'll still check it out...

20. Munchies, this is a big step forward for Dr Gupta! He has gone from the government line of "absolutely no medical uses" to being enthusiastic about the medical aspects. Be patient! It takes time to overcome those many years of conditioning from med school and the government!

I think we will find that each of his MMJ specials will be more and more pro-cannabis as he learns the facts!

Granny