Gun Rights vs Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Twistedd, Jan 5, 2016.

1. If you want to take a person's rights, due process.

2. Just gonna put this here...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. This X infinity^^^

• Like Like x 1
  4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those kids dying in Iraq aren't dying in defense of our country...they're dying to protect business interests of the oil industry....

• Like Like x 3
  5. in the uk 16 to be in the army 18 to drink 18 to smoke that is a problem it you see 20 year olds in uk getting new livers where they drink 2 much its like no matter how it is there is gonna be stupid people i just think not everyone acts how they are imagine a mentally fucked up kid which i mean is a easy to belive thing he gets passed the gun screening he shoots up a fucking school whos fault is it now you gave him the gun yet he wasnt gonna do it only because you make this so easiily assesable for kids imagine you let your kids go to park and you find a gun what sort of a fucking world are you gonna make giving everoyn guns is not the answer im sorry all points of views are massivly floored maybe you could bring back army service everyone serves 2 years and is disiplined to be controlled the gov you are a pawn in a game you may think you are serving your country but who started the problem a bunch of greedy rich billionare cunts that run the country screw you over for everything it doesnt matter what you do you are being used the world is getting to the point where we dont deserve this earth its fucked no one wants to be controlled people dont want to listen and why should we in a society we have dream that everyone works pay taxes doesnt fuck people over but we all know this isnt the reality of the world we wont come to a conclusion our best bet is just live secluded from society while everyone is killing eachother

6. Can't say I disagree.
    Worst part is the ones who died died for nothing. Middle East is a mess. Concentrate our efforts on making our country better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm not here to debate the military and its actions, but rather these people in the military are generally trusted with a weapon, many of them being young adults.

• Like Like x 1
  8. its like why are we over there to help them LOOOOOOOOOOOL no its oil its money its not done out the goodness of the hearts of people

9. You should really use punctuation.

• Like Like x 2
  10. i mean this a way shut every country off from each other but we all know
    trust me i do i have dsylexia not using it as a excuse but i really dont to spend ages correcting myself i know it must be annoying when im thinking it goes so fast my spelling is shit

11. Yup, and they return with PTSD...many of the people who commit mass shootings are ex-military.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Many of the people who commit mass shootings are not ex-military. Yes, we had two incidents recently where this was the case, but that is not a majority.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Haha...OK, carry on.

14. Honestly, I'm pro gun but by no means am i scared that the gov. and their cronies will attempt to physically confiscate weapons.
    They'd be signing their own death warrants.
    It would cause the largest mutiny the US Military would ever experience.

But the bullshit laws attempting to be passed that would chip away at our liberties is what concerns me more and more each day.

And even at that, at the end of the day, come and take them, big dawgz.
    Enjoy your Samarra Sunrise

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  15. I don't think there will ever be a physical confiscation. That's pretty impossible to do nationwide. One way confiscation can happen is via voluntary surrender. Make the laws so absurd that it becomes too expensive and too much of a hassle for people to maintain firearm ownership.

16. To your point West Coast, i think you left out an operative word "legal"

"maintain LEGAL firearm ownership".

Too many Americans demand guns, if they cannot obtain them legally, a black market will fill the void.

We have seen the results of black markets and organized crime with alcohol prohibition and drug prohibition; mass incarceration, escalation of violence, expansion of the police state etc.

It is terrifying to imagine the result of a black market dealing weapons.

And i think Jas43 is correct, it will be an incremental erosion not a forced confiscation.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Molon Labe!

Fuckin right!

• Like Like x 2
  18. I do disagree that the Iraq war was for American oil companies. Oil exports to America were cut in half during and after the war, and today the biggest beneficiary of Iraqi oil is actually China, not America. And the Middle East was never that critical to America's supply of oil in the first place. People seem to think that all their oil comes from the ME, it doesn't. America produces the majority of it's own oil, and the biggest share of imported oil comes from Canada and South America.

If America wanted an oil war, much more convenient and rewarding targets were available both north and south of them.

• Like Like x 4
  19. I dont think the war was predominantly about oil , it was about hegemony and geopolitical positioning.