Gun Rights vs Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Twistedd, Jan 5, 2016.

1. yes and jumped it happens but it never comes down to guns sure knifes

2. Not to mention they aren't really comparable to the US. The US has a much larger and diverse population with different gun laws on the books from state to state.

• Like Like x 1
  4. And did you feel like you were at their mercy being mugged.
    That's a big part of this issue.

We need guns to protect ourselves , and not be a victim

5. Some of us aren't down with being victims. I don't want to put my life in the hands of someone most likely high on drugs with a deadly weapon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. True, gun ownership is quite low in the UK, but it was always that way. Gun violence didn't suddenly decrease when they passed their laws, it was always low, and it actually spiked after the ban, and is still slightly higher today than it was before the ban.

Scotland has been referred to as the "knife crime capital" of Europe. If guns aren't as available, people will use other types of weapons. There is no evidence that gun control reduces violent crime.

7. see that depends you wont get killed for your phone you give it over and take the L this happend when i was 13 the dude was a fucking adult sure let me carry a gun and pop a cap in hes arse i was in the wrong place at the wrong time fight or flight the only time i would consider a gun was for my home to protect my family i would then have no problem with that

8. its almost like your saying a gun solves anything ok it does you delete the problem but you are the problem now

9. down with it ? i have confidence with where im at that it wont come to it and if it does ill do what i can but letting everyone carrying a gun if someone tries them watch kids get trigger happy think that the real world is cod

10. Delete problem and live.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. There is no evidence to support your claim and children aren't allowed to own guns here. You have to be 18 to buy a rifle/shotgun and 21 to get a handgun. These children you are talking about are able to fly half a world away and serve in the military...with a gun. It's amazing we can send a 19 year old to Iraq to die for his country yet he isn't legally able to buy a handgun or drink a beer.

• Like Like x 2
  12. i know scotland is fucking mental when it comes to knife crimes just groups of kids going around stabbing each other with samarui swords but you to get to source of the problem to make it better fixing broken families i really dont belive we are all born bad genetics and enviroment plays a massive part if your life was shit its gonna be harder for you process information diferently you handle disputes diferently i was at school this kid had a hard life hes mum and dad where crack heads when ever a kid said anything he didnt agree with he went to fighting them if you wanna get into it hes primal brain is the only thing he used i cant blame him but doesnt mean i have to agree with it we either try help eachother up and the ones that slip through the net is just the way it is

13. We're not sayin let kids carry guns, most are way to immature now these days. I carried a 22 around all summer / many years as a kid. It comes down to the parents.
    Kids did carry guns here. My grandfathers and father tell me about it often how they would go hunting and shit like that as kids and no one would bat an eye seeing a kid walking down the street with a 20ga or Winchester 94. It's the parents that are the biggest problem.

Who's to say you won't get stabbed by a mugger, you don't know their intentions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. monkey see monkey do you see your parents with guns or smoke kids will get guns they know where dad hides the lock key to the gun he will take it to school it is bound to happen there is no way of stopping it

15. its even i dont belive that because you are 18 you are mature for fuck sake i see kids that are 14 that are not utter retards in the respect they would safer with a gun then a imature 18 year old sure everyone is diferent but a age restriction is still flawed unless you test everyone to see if they are should be allowed a gun

16. Parents who own guns have a responsibility to teach their kids to respect guns.
    That problem is caused by shitty parents.
    So i take it you think we should ban all guns because bad apples here and there do bad things with their pops guns?
    So remove everyone's right to defend themselves because of some bad kids and bad parents. That's ludicrous

• Like Like x 4
  17. should we also test people to allow them to say what they want too?
    Say some one is stirring up shit to start a riot should we test everyone and have cards that say whether or not you can speak freely?

18. yes you are right yet we come back to the same thing who is going to say yes you are good parents i think you are capable for what you teach your kids you can have lovely parents but a fucking horrible child vise verser who is going to make these desisions to who gets guns also sorry for grammer

19. That is true but you can't strip all peoples rights just to save a few

20. No, it is not bound to happen. School shootings are such a tiny fraction of the overall gun violence in the US. There are so few that I bet you know all of the incidents by the shooter's name, the school it happened at, and the state it took place in.