Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Hey Gumby..
    My Father passed away back in 2018 . In his retired years he was a gun smith and had a shop set up at his house and did custom reloads for his hunting buddies and friends and bought and sold guns, mostly hunting rifles.

Most everything got sold after his passing except two guns. and just a month ago my brother in law brought the two unsold guns to my house because I decided to keep them for a family hand my down keep sake. One was a 12 gauge shot gun and the other was a Remington model 700. I thought the model 700 was a 308 caliber but a closer look at the gun said it was a 375 H&H Magnum...Then I looked it up and Dam..thats a big ass gun. I have no ammo for it at this time but I am going to get me some.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I would strongly urge you to have a gunsmith look at it first before you shoot it. The Remington 700 had an issue that I don’t remember exactly. I understand your father was a gunsmith but it’s possible he never got around to fixing it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Remington Arms Company is voluntarily recalling its Model 700 and Model Seven rifles manufactured over an eight-year period to address safety issues that could cause the firearms to “unintentionally discharge,” the company announced last month.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. same as my 308 the bolt has a tendecy to have burrs on the slide,just a wet stone works well to fix,but the cheaped out on the hardening of the steel it seems,it was a high production model , you are very correct rancho, i had issues last time at range about 3 years ago and havent got around to fixing mine either, i have always taught my boys that with rifles always just take out the bolt and slide a cable lock in there and by doing that you never forget to check chamber and all components ,just a glitch i have.
    had a rem model 700 in 7 mag that also did same thing , mass production lead to poor quality , i bought both in early 2000 and both have same issues with burrs.
    good call bro

• Like Like x 3
  5. NY Governor decides to ignore? circumvent? impede? the new SC gun ruling. CC permit seekers will now have to supply references, AND their social media history. Hope you never got drunk and tweeted some shit you don't remember years ago. No guns for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. That sounds about right. I remember someone in Montana filed a lawsuit against them. A buddy let me borrow his one year. I dropped a deer and when I tried to eject the spent shell it sheared off clean at the rim. Couldn’t get the rest of the case out. It was really odd.

• Like Like x 2
  7. makes you wonder why the streets are flooded with unregistered weapons right

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. #1468 old shol4evr, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    i have a little piece of a wet stone i use on mine,just run it threw there and it deburrs it,i believe they screwed up on the quenching when they foundered the steel.
    i just took it like every thing else these days , screw um they buy it anyway mentality
    in my on personel opinion ,when it comes down to it and if shit did hit the fan,the single and most effective weapon for safety or food is nothing but only a 12 gauge , pistols might hold you up close,but when bullet start flying back ,you are ducking and firing , rifle is effective at long range ,no doubt, but the 12 gauge has close range , mid range and depending on rifled barrles out to 100 yrds , but most effective is that clack of running one in the chamber,most folk say oh shit

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I was in Astoria last week, I went to see my dad in the hospital. He passed away a few hours after I saw him.

It is funny you mentioned the .375 h&h, this reloading stuff should have a bunch of stuff for that caliber, it was the owner's go to elk rifle. I shot his at age 15, big bada boom. When I go though everything I will know what is left. If all of the .375 stuff is still there I may just buy one myself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Packing out elk in Montana is fuckin beyond brutal ime.
    Way easier to point and click a camera anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. The foothills of Oregon are not even close to Montana backcountry but I do lots of wildlife photography as well.
    I will buy a tag for the first time in several years. They have had a damage control tag here for the last couple years. The area it encompasses is 100% private land and my mom's property is part of that. Instead of spending all my time running off trespassers, I will take a break to fill the freezer. It will still be work, but the packing will be done on an atv.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Right on. I’m in Montana too. Got more than a few stories of packing elk out of these mountains.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I will look into that...Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. My father lived nearby inland from seaside about 25 miles on the north fork of Nehalem. Elk country..

I have a herd of Elk that come through my property at least once every month or so. There was fresh elk poop by my barn just within a day ago.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Just looked up the recall and I am good...

"You may also determine if your rifle is subject to the recall by a visual inspection. If the face of the trigger is ribbed, your rifle does not have an XMP trigger and is not subject to the recall. If the face of the trigger is smooth, your rifle has an XMP trigger and is subject to this recall."

I have the ribbed trigger so they say its good to go. I will read some more..

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. .375 h&h magnum is a very desirable caliber lots of magnum cartridges are derived from the belted case it uses. It is very powerful and produces lots of recoil.
    Make sure your scope has adequate eye relief and you should be golden. They can be a bit intimidating, but in the right hands they are incredibly accurate.

The fact it is .375 and not .308 adds about $1000 to the value.

A guy on another forum I frequent is reloading this cartridge and getting incredible results. 2700 fps at the muzzle with a Barnes 270 gr TSX. That kind of power will blow out both lungs through a kevlar vest at a couple hundred yards, or stop a charging cape buffalo before it goes stampy on you.

IMO it's not overkill at all for elk. With a well placed shot, you won't ruin much meat and the kill will be quick and humane.

• Like Like x 5
  17. A 12 ga slug in a rifled barrel is a powerful deterrent.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. i love those spiraled slugs , although the will beat the crap out of your shoulder , taking down a 500 lb boar hog is a brezze though , they have a armoured blade on there shoulder for fighting the rifled slug does quick work of it

• Like Like x 2
  19. One good lawsuit with one great lawyer will cost NY state millions with one arrest when they ignore the supreme courts ruling. NY state is a steaming pile...

• Like Like x 2
  20. I ordered a set of pachmeyr grips for my .44 mag in mid July from ebay. After watching the tracking do absolutly nothing with the grips sitting in MO for 2 weeks, I asked for a refund. I promptly ordered another set from a different ebay seller. This time they went from CA to Portland, now back to CA. Has anyone else been having ant issues with shipments?

I ran across this video and was surprised to see UPS is no longer shipping certain items.

• Like Like x 2