Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Uvalde will not make it easier for gun control advocates.

Police thing got coverage in Norway. That's something we do too, though, in at least two major incidents Norwegian police have not stepped up.

These guys were armed and armored, though, and shootings aren't anything new to US. What a tragedy. Even heard they were arresting some of the parents who tried to get in.

As a parent myself, I can barely fathom the horror.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The list is incomparably small compared to the theft, murder, lies and corruption of government, but you want to give them more control and dominance over the people?

If school shootings are traumatizing someones kid, they should find a safe school and stop playing the fear mongering media in their presence. Better yet, home school.

Pretty soon the completely decentralized fiirearm production will make this debate irrelevant so you may want to come up with another solution.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. i worked in a machine shop many years ago were we built the fighting texas aggie cannon , had a blast doing it too

• Like Like x 1
  5. My brother in law has one. Great fun. We use Campbell’s soup cans filled with concrete as projectile’s

j.

6. So you’re thinking that rifle’s weren’t meant to be deadly then? Seriously? Maybe they were only originally designed to produce a flesh wound?

Gotta say I’m kinda confused here.

j

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. nope no playing with this one ,it was full size real one, with gov permits and all ,they use it at football games and such mainly when the fighting texas aggie band does there shows , back in the mid 80's they didnt just brush things like that aside, there were inspectors that came by to the shop pretty cool cats, made the day go by lending a ear

8. #1451 Apothic Harry, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    You certainly are confused. I was quoting what the OP said there, Sports fan. Or did you miss the quotation marks? And did you bother reading the rest of the post for context?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Don’t get all bent outta shape - sports fan lol

I did miss the quotation marks. I’d like to tell you it’ll never happen again but I’d be lying through my teeth lol

j

10. The one we played with was a mini… But it sure is a blast making up 100 Campbell Soup cans full of concrete and shooting them across the field into the woods LOL

Black powder goes a long ways.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeah, sorry for the 'tude there jerry. Was already aggravated as hell before I even saw your post. Got idiot Canadians up here who think every bad thing that happens in the US is somehow relevant up here.
    Personally I think our PM is trying to run for US Congress lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. No worries dude!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Anti gun rally. Someone grabs the microphone and shouts " I am the gun!" This is the result.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Spoken like someone overreacting to a few simple, regulations and restrictions that are 'common sense' and shouldn't even be a topic of discussion. How about taking a deep breath and imagine being in the shoes of a parent, father or mother who has lost their child due to the head or heart of the child exploded due to the type of bullet used. We are talking about 9 year old and younger kids, just sitting in a school that IS or WAS a 'safe place'... In most all other countries in the developed world schools are safe spaces and those countries have a tiny fraction of mass shootings (if any).

Imagine it happening to you at your school when you were 6 or 8 years old, you witnessed it all, it can't be UNSEEN the SOUND the BLOOD & bone fragments SPLATTERING against you, but you played dead and survived to feel guilty that you did survive. Your best friends didn't.

Can you step out of your concepts for a few moments to get into tragedies of others that could be somewhat if not seriously reduced in number and frequency? Or is it your way or the highway?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. You say "spoken like someone over reacting" then write a purely emotion driven Novella trying to splain a supposed fact.
    If you can't splain it in a few sentences using logic and reason then its your argument that's weak.
    2A is implicit and simply written for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I just acquired an extensive reloading setup. Two shotgun progressive loaders, a few presses, a host of rifle and pistol dies, various bullet molds and brass, 10 and 12 guage hulls, wads, primers powder, bullets, and shot. Lots of books and hundreds of pages of hand written data. It all belonged to my cousins late husband who I admired very much. I am pretty green when it comes to reloading pistol and rifle ammo, but I am tired of sketchy ammo availability. I love to shoot .44 specials out of my .44 mag but they are a pita to find. I can't wait to get started but I have to fix up a room first.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. just a share i thought this thread could use by jeff cooper
    " the rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of it own. naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes , but there are more good men than evil , and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda , they can certainly be corrected by man with rifles"

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1