Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. #1221 Deleted member 1084581, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2021
    Outlaw or limit the sale of 80% lowers for rifles and pistols. Basically, they are an 80% completed lower portion of the firearm. So as an individual it is your job to finish it and turn it into a gun. You might be thinking how is the lower portion a gun. Well, that's just how the government registers them, thus the serial number is on the lower. In actuality, we call them lower receivers. Anyone can purchase an 80% lower online. There are no restrictions. So any prohibited possessor can get one. Fully completed they are called ghost guns.

I have a finished AR-15 lower that was once 80%. I have a 80% pistol lower that I will complete eventually. But I am not a prohibited possessor and have registered firearms too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. #1222 Killerbee4323, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    So here's the thing. They need to open the registry and quit oppressing peoples rights. Why give them your rights, they should have to die to take your rights.

3. do any of you folks recall or know about Kennesaw, GA's mandatory gun ownership law passed in 1982? they remain on the list of the 5 safest cities in the US. a city in UT did a similar action in 2000. here's the wording from the Kennesaw city ordinance.

"Kennesaw is noted for its unique firearms legislation, passed in response to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Illinois. In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21]:[25]

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore. (b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony".

Kennesaw, GA is a city in the greater atlanta metro area.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #1224 cdG, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Why do gun nuts so passive-aggressively seek out affirmation and laud from others for their obsession?

So strange when it's touted as just for precautionary self-defense/preservation.

I mean I got a new car last year with some new cool safety features, but haven't felt like it defines me as a human. Also got some hefty chainsaw-stopping chaps so I don't mangle my leg in case of an accident when I'm cutting up firewood for next winter. Neato as well but not personality defining.

• Funny Funny x 1

5. that's witty but what point are you trying to get across? some people like cats, some people like dogs. some people like guns, some people dont. life is made up of many different strokes for many different folks.

if a person doesn't like guns that's kewl just dont condemn those that do like guns. i love guns. they are amazing pieces of engineering and ingenuity, and they do provide an amazing amount of self-realized security if one is adept and proficient using it.

guns dont kill, people kill. cars dont kill, people kill. the "gun issue" is a people issue, not a hardware issue.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. But think about the children.

7. They can have their own guns.

:love-m3j:

Hey, we did when we were kids.

BB guns, then .22’s and 20 gauges.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Weren't most of his kills from the explosives he rigged up anyway? It's ironic that some of these massacres in Europe seem to have a much higher body count despite not involving firearms. Manchester bombing, the Nice truck attack killed like 70 people, London Bridge vehicle attack, etc..

Hell, up here in Canada we just had our worst massacre ever in 2020 and the perpetrator bought all his guns illegally. The 2018 Toronto van attacks by the incel guy killed 10 people. Greater Vancouver and Toronto have gang wars every year, again with firearms they 100% aren't allowed to possess or carry. Yet US gun control groups want to point to Canada as some kind of success story. It's crazy because our justice system isn't that hard on actual violent crimes.

A man was shot dead outside a fast food joint in my city a month ago, his accused killers were released the next day awaiting trial. They aren't even charged with anything yet, and if they do get convicted they will probably serve 10 years in prison max. So Trudeau is fine with banning more firearms by royal edict but not stiffer penalties for actual criminals. I feel like I'm the only sane dude left in Canada at this point :laughing:

• Like Like x 5
  9. No, the vast majority were kills with a semi automatic rifle. He dressed up as a policeman and walked around an island with a political youth camp shooting children over about an hour. He killed 8 people with explosives, and with the rifle killed 65.

Still a lower body count than the Nice islamist. He killed 86 with a truck. The terror attacks in Europe have done the work to change my mind on gun ownership. Bad guys get them no matter what, gun regulation doesn't do anything except disarm the good guys, and a truck can do more damage than a gun.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. There's the problem. They need to make firearms training a class in public schools. Kids need more positive exposure and understanding. If they can teach sex ed to 1st graders and its ok to be different to kids who are too young to understand the question and all that crazy liberal shit they need to go full on lunatic and teach the kids how to properly handle and use firearms, and then pair it with the game wardens and take em hunting. That way they know exactly what is they are doing and murder will be murder regardless of circumstance and maybe Merica will be alot safer.

11. Government is not God. They have no right to have a monopoly on guns, and any such rights they claim to have are self imposed, subjective, authoritarian garbage. A man doesn't try to take another mans guns because he cares about the other mans safety.

People need to get fucking real when it comes to staying safe in this world. It's every man for himself. You know what they teach kids to do when there's a school shooting? To get everyone together bunched up in the corner hiding. That's literally almost the worst thing you could do. If I need to explain why, you really shouldn't even be a part of this discussion. Just like people who think a semi auto rifle is a "machine gun".

• Like Like x 3
  12. What totally pisses me is when kids get guns that belong to parent and hurt someone. Here local with a pro gun sheriff, that’s considered a tragic accident without any accountability on the owners. I’m pro gun too but buying the gun comes with owning the responsibility. If it falls in the wrong hands, the owner should pay the price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yes, but if the kid knows how to handle and use said firearm id bet there would be alot less accidents.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I was taught at ten. And would have got beaten senseless if I had mishandled it or took it out without permission. But when stuff does go wrong, people jump to their political corners and hide. I think there should be no tolerance. I see people walk with a fine for pointing a gun at someone else, shooting in a limited area, and so on. The 2nd amendment isn’t a right to be ignorant. Any violation should be met with very stiff measures.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Interesting short news article in our local news this morning - well worth a browse IMO.

11 heavily armed men on their way to Maine arrested after standoff with Mass. police on I-95

11 heavily armed men on their way to Maine arrested after standoff with Mass. police on I-95

several excerpts from the article -

WAKEFIELD, Massachusetts — An hourslong standoff with a group of heavily armed men that partially shut down Interstate 95 ended Saturday with 11 suspects in custody, Massachusetts state police said.

At least some of the suspects were clad in military-style gear with long guns and pistols, Mason said. He added that they were headed to Maine from Rhode Island for “training.”
    He said he understood the suspects, who did not have firearms licenses, have a different perspective on the law.
    “We are not antigovernment. We are not anti-police, we are not sovereign citizens, we’re not Black identity extremists,” said the man who appeared to be wearing military-style equipment. “As specified multiple times to the police that we are abiding by the peaceful journey laws of the United States.”

The website for the group says they are “Moorish Americans dedicated to educating new Moors and influencing our Elders.”
    “I appreciate that perspective,” he said “I disagree with that perspective at the end of the day, but I recognize that it’s there.”

The men refused to put down their weapons or comply with authorities’ orders, claiming to be from a group “that does not recognize our laws” before taking off into a wooded area, police said.

J

• Like Like x 2
  16. #1236 old shol4evr, Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    delete

17. #1237 old shol4evr, Jul 3, 2021
    delete

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I feel like there are absolutely groups that are and have been watching The Man slowly pick away at our Rights over time and have simply had enough.

Don’t get me wrong - there are some freaks out there and in groups - but I kind of, on the fringes of their mentality, understand what they’re feeling.
    Our beautiful Country was born of our Rights - Rights that have been slowly nibbled away at until large chunks of important rights have been seized by The Man - rights that our country was founded on - Rights that men gladly gave their lives for to make sure that future generations would have them.

Its an extremely sad day now when the Government is controlling our ammunition - just for an example - and this started years ago now and has gotten much worse. The shelves are empty and this is just one of our basic Rights as Americans that has been seized from us.

So while I wouldn’t personally ever join with these groups living on the edge of society - I understand their mentality.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. We still have the KKK is SC. Smiling faces, beautiful places.

20. #1240 old shol4evr, Jul 4, 2021
    delete