Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Guns dont kill people. People kill people.

Lets outlaw hammers, ropes and rocks.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. This one cracks me up, had to remove my stock flash suppressor for this, of course it doesn't serve the same function. I wouldn't have made this change if it wasn't for the ca law, now my rifle is much more accurate.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I'm trying to remember the last time that a flash suppressor on a rifle was a game changer factor/ upper hand in a shootout with police
    Hmmmm
    Seems like an oddly specific restriction
    Also known as nonsense

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. #1185 old shol4evr, Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2
  6. #1186 Possuum, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Do you have a source that puts these shootings in a context? Are they white supremacists? Gang-related? Random? Etc, is there some discernable pattern? I skimmed it and its mind-blowing how much violence there is and especially how many children are caught in it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. #1188 Possuum, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021

this is the source quoted both by CNN and wiki. idk for sure but i'm thinking there may be some detail at this site Gun Violence Archive

my wife threw the number out at me this morning, i argued with her and said, "you heard it wrong - 272 mass shooting deaths, not incidents". she was right.

iirc there are ~200+ people killed by someone with a gun already in June! yes the number of bystanders and children is beyond acceptable. if a person will light up a crowd of strangers and if he lives after doing so, then that's what a 23 hour lock down facility was made for. the cowards that go on these shoot-em-up sprees cant accept a chance of being arrested so they eat a bullet after causing all the mayhem. coward, loser, chicken-shitZ, every one of 'em.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. 4 people being considered as a mass shooting is literally propaganda, your being conditioned to give up my rights so the media will stop telling you that freedom is scary. Mass shootings havent increased, they just lowered the standard to fit the gun grabber agenda.

What a bunch if diarrhea of the mouth you two just spewed out.... get the fuck out of here...

Less than 40,000 people a year die from guns, the majority are suicides, out of 382,000,000+!!!!

Unless you cant do math, thats not an epidemic. Thats not even a damn problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. nice :laughing:

you obviously have a reading comprehension problem in addition to what also appears to be a bad case of irritable bowel syndrome. eat more fiber popeye and decompress a bit. you're gonna have your colon in a knot.

go reread the posts with an objective lens. as i inferred, i'm armed 24x7, and i'm confidently proficient :). as i posted previously, (sic) "no one is taking my weapons". kapish?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sorry...but like 400 people a year die from rifles and most of those are suicides....yet we put up with this bullshit about AR15s being the problem.

More people die each year from falling than the CCP virus, but thats a whole different topic

• Like Like x 1
  12. This right here is proof that anyone calling for gun control is a conditioned fool.

The media could get driving over 30 mph banned if they wanted to push the moter vehicle deaths across the airwaves...

Say it with me.... gun control measure are no different than the reefer madness bullshit.
    Screenshot_20210614-202114_Chrome.jpg

13. i understand your frustration. i, and probably you, as gun owners are not part of the problem as the problem is with gang revenge, dissing on you, i dont like your rap, "i'm a sexually frustrated white male", indiscriminate, pissed off employee going through a divorce, mass shootings.

there is a problem with who has access to guns but that headcount does not include me, and i'll assume for now, also includes you on the "good guy side" of responsible gun ownership. i respect weapons of all types and never, ever have or will play fuck around with them. not everyone sees it my way. i'm all for gun ownership but there is some definite change that needs to be made for who gets access to one, otherwise the politicized are going to do something really stoopid which is going to incite a lot of people, such as yourself.

i've always said "they" will take away the ammunition before they take away the 2A. (sic) "you can own all the guns you want but you cant buy bullets", or something like that. look at the ammo shortage today. it's a good example of what could become draconian legislation and the current ammo shortage is not even related to politics or 2A.

anyway, all that said i do oppose certain peoples "right to bear arms" if they are not mentally fit or demonstrably proficient using the weapon especially under stress.

• Like Like x 1
  14. While I agree with you, i disagree on more needs to be done. Gun laws already infringe enough, and guns really arent that easy to buy. Nothing like the media makes it out to be anyway.

I agree with not wanting nefarious people having guns. But just because someone has PTSD or Anxiety doesnt make them dangerous. Thats a bs ploy of the left trying to make veterans out to be powder kegs of violence because they don't want people who took an oath the the Constitution to have any weapons.

Gun control is a slippery slope that in my opinion went to far in 1986.

The amount of people who die each year is inconsequential compared to the necessity of an armed population.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2

15. no argument there friend, I'm with you on all points you make. i will not peacefully surrender my weapons and fortunately i live in a county that the sheriff is very much a 2A, stand your ground, responsible gun ownership, advocate. he would not enforce a federal order to confiscate weapons. we are an open carry state so no license necessary unless one wants to carry concealed. i think we'd all be safer if we were all strapped 100% of the time (i am).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. What situations necessitate the need for an armed populace - other than situations of self-defence from another armed person(s)?

17. Myanmar

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Isn't that reason enough?

• Like Like x 1
  19. If the US Military Industrial Complex decides to go junta, I'm afraid there's going to be bigger problems around than Terry from Texas' right to own a Glock.

A well armed populace ain't going to do shit against drone strikes or tank marches.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Not at all. Using a firearm as self-defence is not even a concept if no one has firearms.