Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Didn't mean to be harsh or insulting or anything...

2. And when they with militarily coordinated precision defeat the uncoordinated resistance suppressing the defense of the people everyone would be charged with drastic crimes and probably imprisoned...

3. So my response to OP is no the Second Amendment is a joke

4. From time to time some blood must be spilled in defence of liberty. The question is, how much, how soon, and just what will set it off.9

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Here's a good gun debate thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thank you, I would have never found a thread I already posted in.

7. Why repeat ourselves?

8. If we cant keep weapons and drugs out of prisons which are under lockdown and 24hr watch surrounded by armed guards who have every right to beat the fuck out of or shoot a prisoner who is armed, then how do we expect to police 300 million over 3.8 million square miles?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. The gun problem is the exact same as the pit bull problem...

I dont own a pit bull, but i know the breed isnt dangerous and the bans on pit bulls are dumb as fuck.

I also know that anyone who is against guns is a mindless media automaton. Media loves to put up every gun story they find. Because people just eat them gun stories up.

If they put every alcohol related death on the news people would call it a national crisis and demand government action against alcohol.

If they put every tobacco related death on the news people would call it a national crisis and demand government action against tobacco.

Anyone who is against firearms is simply miseducated.

Just like anyone who is against cannabis is just miseducated.

The founding fathers didnt write the 2nd after a hunting trip, they wrote it after liberating a nation from tyranny.

Show me the numbers where more people die from guns in the U.S. than tobacco, opiates, or alcohol and then i will be concerned. Until then, your a HYPOCRITE!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. What's regulation going to stop when it comes to weapons exactly?

We've seen how great alcohol and drug prohibition works. It fucking doesn't.

People are still using drugs and alcohol and still committing crimes involving the 2.

Regulations on guns wouldn't solve shit, it would just make blackmarket gun sales go up.

Just like when having to buy pot on the blackmarket. Or having to buy alcohol made in a bathtub during the classic prohibition days.

How many times are we going to have to ban something before we determine that just doesn't work?

Unlike murderer or rape people aren't always going out to harm others with guns or drugs.

Lots of people hunt, protect themselves, or just have a general interest in firearms.

The last thing we should do is just ban something just because a few use it irresponsibly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. [​IMG]

lots of gun control in Norway

only helped the worst slaughter in our history

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Hey, all that gear and he forgot to wear his horned helmet?

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. one of thw biggest problems with guns is the media and the anti gun people, they should marry the anti cannabis people and move out of country.

"Marijuana is a Gateway Drug" is as dumb and misinformed as "There is no need for guns in a civilized society" both make me throw up in my mouth

People look at gun owners like this sorry SOB in VikingToker's post, with all that extra dumb bs on his weapon, and they think, that's those crazy gun owners!!

then the media puts up these rush hour rambos that wanna walk down the street with an AR because they can. Or people that open carry in starbucks because they can. They are always these fat out of shape fucks that couldnt survive a squirt gun fight much less a gun fight, and they clearly know jack shit about firearms.

So alot of people that are against guns see these stupid fucks, (that real gun owners hate too) walkin around on the news as if they represent most gun owners.

They make documentaries on guns and find the the most crazy right-wing fucktard gun lovers that they can.

Weve seen all this before though....

Its brought to you by the samw kind of people who brought the anti marijuana reefer madness BS that still remains today. The media props up support for it, they still joke and portray people who use cannabis as dumbass nonfunctional drooling fools that talk funny. So you still have a large majority of people who think if you can't go to work without cannabis, or you can't make it through the day without cannabis, that you just have a big fucking problem and you're going to end up doing harder drugs.

Man fuck alllllll that BS guys..

Ill never get my head around people being angry and distrustful of a government for lying it's ass off to them about cannabis and the drug war for last 80-100 yrs........ AND THEN!!! Some of the same people are turning around and saying, let the government that has been doing this take more gun rights away cuz they will protect us and keep us safe like they have been for the last 80-100 years...

i think most reasonable people are center left or center right when it comes to politics and society. We need to talk to each other and stop letting the far left and far right set the tone for who we the people are. :passtheshit:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. #1074 PopeyeSpinach, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Also, to the OP who says the founding fathers guns couldnt kill many people... 46-51,000 soldiers died in a 3 days at gettysburg from mostly musket fire.

We lost 58,000 in all of vietnam...

Also, alot of founding fathers and people after them owned their own cannons lol

so tell me again how they didnt have things that could kill effectively :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I wonder how anti gun people define “infringe”. As I understand it, it means to nibble around the edge, taking away a little at a time. Saying we can’t own a AR15, or a M16, is an infringement.

The writers of the Constitution of the United States of America still remembered the fight we had just had to secure our freedom from tyranny. And they knew that it could come to pass that we would again have to defend our Constitutional Government from a foreign power or interloper. (Jan. 6 ring any bells). So they gave us Citizens the right to have arms equal to those any enemy might bring against us. That excludes everything the government has in I arsenal.

16. Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

These are all still traditional projectile firing guns. Just wait for 20-30 years when energy weapons and other future weapons start hitting the civilian market. The debate's gonna get pretty crazy then.

But it's still the same old question. Which arms are should be banned and which ones shouldn't? How much firepower is one allowed? Grenades, machineguns, flamethrowers, flechettes, bazookas etc.? In the end, it's all politics.

Heck, up here in Canada the Liberal government just banned 1500 guns because they look tactical :rolleyes:. The ban had absolutely nothing to do with the functionality or use of the gun, just looks. Political pandering at its best/worst.

• Informative Informative x 1

17. ... and also the right to resist a tyranical government operating against the people, thus against the Constitution. the USA was built on the foundation of "we the people". the oldest constitutional democracy is still evolving but the momentum has shifted away from "we the people". the US has become oppressive across all party lines.

"we the people" is not built upon a political party.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Canada didn’t fight Great Britain for their independence. America did. And we remember and won’t let someone come and take it away!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. #1079 DaPhats, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    But there are already plenty of arms banned in the US. Where does the line get drawn on the slippery slope?

• Like Like x 1
  20. As much as I’m not comfortable with the whole militia and fringe groups like that, its stuff like this that is drawing folks to them. People will only take so much oppression before they say “Fuck YOU!” - and taking away gun rights is government oppression at its finest.

j

• Agree Agree x 3