Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. I use em in the summer when I wear shorts and a tee
    No place to hide the big ones

• Like Like x 1
  2. I can get them to post just did not want the video displayed in window
    Thanks
    You know how it works, I like the it has a cylinder built into the handle pretty cool but a bit dangerous

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You might like the Double Tap .45 derringer type pocket rocket.

You know I think .45 is a garbo round and out of a super short barrel it's even more garbo but at point blank just might do it.

4. my current handgun list
    Colt Delta 10mm
    Tok 7.62-25
    G17 9mm
    M.R. BFR 30-30

• Like Like x 1
  5. The chief architect of the second amendment, James Madison, explains his thoughts in Federalist Papers #46. Its purpose was two-fold, in that the aim was to eliminate the need for a standing army as well as insurance against internal enemies such as a tyrannical Federal government.

Individual gun ownership was not a new concept, it was actually taken from the English Bill of Rights and it was in state constitutions. It was a well-regulated, citizen militia that just mounted a successful armed revolution against England with the odds stacked against them. Of course it's going to go into the Constitution, especially when England was still hostile towards the US.

In the Federalist Papers, Madison says, "The only refuge left for those who prophesy the downfall of the State governments is the visionary supposition that the federal government may previously accumulate a military force for the projects of ambition".

The People didn't prevent military adventurism, entangling alignments, a tyrannical federal government, or debt slavery.

Coupled with what Thomas Jefferson said on banking institutions being more dangerous than standing armies, we've got a monetary system that is controlled by private multinational special interest groups and an economy that primarily benefits them.

We were warned about these very things, it was these things we fought a war over, and it was these things we were given the second amendment to prevent. We have not done so.

We were warned about big banks, tyranny, and military adventurism. Not only by the American founding fathers but there are examples in history of what happens to a nation with a huge military, huge debt, runaway inflation and a widening wealth gap.

I personally think we are gonna fizzle out if we keep going down this path as a country. If people genuinely believe that they own guns because of government tyranny, the time to act was yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Make sure to please stay on the topic of gun laws, not specific guns unless it's wrapped in with gun laws. Thanks. Oh yeah...no pics. Keep that in mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Barack-Obama-Clapping-in-Front-of-American-Flags.gif

8. there are several things that the founding fathers have warned about currently happening, absolutely. No doubt about it. Does the government have a bigger army than I can defend against? well yes, of course. It doesn't change the reason as to why the 2nd amendment is guaranteed. It certainly doesn't mean we should just give up our arms because the government is already "tyrannical", ect. I believe that is one of the major reasons trump was elected. He is an outsider from politics, and not one of the good ol boys club, as indication by the complete resistance he gets from the congress.
    In my opinion, now is the time to make sure you are protecting yourself and your family. It was a man who legally owned an armalite 15 rifle that stopped the texas rampage from being worse. He was an NRA marksmanship instructor.
    Its not the instrument, its the person. We see it play out time and time again in countries across the world. Bad people do bad shit. Just because some people are afraid of an inanimate object, doesn't mean I should lose my right to defend myself.

9. i completely agree, it doesn't change the law just because of a lack of action.
    i am a gun owner myself.

i am just wondering, if a gun owner's intention is to resist government tyranny, how bad does it have to get before they band together and take action. it seems like a fair question, it's the reasoning behind your right. the government spies on all of our communications, we have the highest incarceration rate in the free world, the federal reserve bank is selling our children's future down the river, our government is made up of multinational corporate fascists, our jobs are outsourced, our middle class gutted, a military industrial complex, a war on drugs. i could go on. last time gun owners took action is was become of some taxes.

as for trump,
    him not being a career politician is a great selling point for his candidacy, but we are now nearly a year into his term. he holds the highest public office in the worlds largest military power, it is no longer relevant what he was before he became president. is he a good leader? is he doing the right thing? the problem with our government is bigger than the president.

i give him a C- right now. lots of demerits for not being able to speak intelligently and getting in tweeter fights. more demerits for bombing syria and sucking putins cock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ISIS has been nearly eliminated by the resurgence in bombing in Syria. Other conflicts are building, but destroying ISIS as a regional entity is a bad thing for you? How so?

Is he really 'sucking Putins cock', and if so, how? Edit: Furthermore, do you believe in a diplomatic future with Russia, or an antagonistic one, and why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I would have to imagine that tipping point, would be a gun registry, or people knocking door to door to confiscate said guns. Pretty sure that would galvanize the nation in a way to make it a major issue, no doubt.
    How exactly is he sucking putins cock? With the USA and Russia both being major powers in the world, it makes sense we would at least reach out and try to work with them? Is it because of "russias" interference in our election process? Well the US interferes in just about every election all over the world, which is why the russian scare was complete bullshit. Especially since we now know the side making the accusations was the side that was actually doing said things.
    As viking said, the destruction of isis in syria and iraq is a pretty big deal, even if msm isn't blabbing about it every night.
    As far as his agenda, well, it would be great is the congress would do their fucking jobs they are elected and paid very well to do. Nope, instead we get jerkoffs like McCain, who just hold out against the agenda because hes really a warmongering democrat in disguise anyways.
    Imagine if congress would have been able to pass a healthcare reform, as well as tax reform. In trumps first year. Imagine the approval rating bliss we would have!! Damn, its almost like they meant to obstruct...strange.

12. Kind of ironic that the legal charge exists on the books "attempt to overthrow the government" I find that legal charge to be in direct conflict with the Second Amendment...

13. Yup that is ironic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hi Lenny! :wave:

15. I started a conversation relevant to this on Charles Manson's Wikipedia page "unmentioned legacy"

16. trump seems to be the only person who doesn't realize that the russian government and the US government are at odds. putin IS the russian government. i also dream of a world where russia and america could work together for the betterment of the world but that's just gonna not happen with putin. he is a deranged, cunning dictator who stifles dissent at home, and is trying to expand his influence across the world.

russia is competing for influence and resources in the middle east just the same as the US are. that's why putin is allying himself with assad and using the "fighting against terrorists" thing as a cover, and it's a good talking point against US action in the area. putin wants russian/iranian oil flowing through the proposed middle east pipeline while the US wants saudi/iraqi/american oil to be flowing their own proposed pipeline. the furtherance of this depends on the situation in syria. america wants to maintain the petrodollar...

furthermore if russia was all about fighting terrorists then they wouldn't be funding them in ukraine.
    his government and chronies are under heavy sanctions including from the US government. he either needs to manipulate his way out of them or put all of their effort into controlling syria. his power stability depend on a healthy and growing economy.

i know that the US does it too, that's exactly why they are at odds with russia. they're in competition. and it seems that putin can manipulate the shit out of trump by appealing to his uncontrollable ego. trump was pro-putin during the election, hillary was anti-putin. how would it not follow that russia would not have a serious interest in trump's election? i'm not saying they interfered with the "election process", and hillary was a SHIT candidate, but they clearly did things to influence people to come out for trump.

it is a matter of national security, i do think the intelligence community is right and trump isn't. it's just a gut feeling...

if he can pass tax and healthcare reform, and further the marijuana legalization process, i will seriously give him props.

• Like Like x 1
  17. My personal belief involves an America that has a foreign policy similar to that of Switzerland. Armed neutrality, and extensive trade relations. I favor diplomacy over hostility. We should not be bombing six countries, etc. However, Putin is not interested in diplomacy with the US. Putin is interested in furthering Russian interests across the globe. Just like America is doing the same. I can't control that, it goes against what I want to see in the world. Russia wants Assad to stay in power. If that means destroying ISIS, so be it. That's a good propaganda piece in favor of Russia. If you look at Ukraine you can see how they feel about terrorists who happen to be pro-Russia.

It all boils down to, the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.

As for the trump question, he was singing putin's praises during the election and is now defending him during the russia investigation which does not look good for russia as they clearly had a serious national interest in trump's election. i don't get it. he should at least be neutral and diplomatic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #1039 IRON-EYES, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    They've outlawed the Second Amendment
    The concept of executive orders have become dictatorship to say otherwise is a joke and in poor taste at that...
    I caution my fellow Americans to Keep Their Heads down and tread Softly

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. The last four words of the second ammendment are,"shall not be infringed", and that means they not be legally limited! Therefore, there is NO armament that we are not allowed to own.

The writers of the second ammendment didn't limit us to rifles and pistol, the weapons we would need to hunt for food or defend our homes. They still remembered the war for our independence and that it was citizens with their own arms that won it. And they wanted to be sure a future government wouldn't limit citizens ability to adaquitly defend our freedom from eusurpers as well as forign powers. "Being necessary for the security of a free state," is the reason they gave for this.

So, the ONLY THING that should be done concerning gun laws is to repeal ALL of them!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1