Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. [
    So you don't want to answer the Q or cannot?

Here it is again (I know how you like to get side tracked..)

Q for you Pistils. Are you OK with all the mass shootings and deaths?
    Now if you say yes, it doesn't matter why you said yes but if you said yes then your part of the problem. Its no point even replying to you as you have your head in the sand.

Now if you said No, like the majority of sensible responsible adults would (including people like me who like to shoot and who does not agree with the banning of guns) then I ask you. What do you think is the way forward?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. No I'm not OK with murdering innocent people, what kind of question is that?
    The way forward? Forward from what? Violence?

3. I carry a gun, as does my wife. I carry to protect myself, my loved ones, and every person that is unable or unwilling to protect themselves. I would risk my life to protect people I have never met.

What do you do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hope some freaked out cop seeing you weaponized doesn't over react and ruins your day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. What does an improperly trained cop have to do with them legally carrying weapons? Thats just ignorant... Thats like me saying I hope some freaked out cop doesnt shoot your dog because you have a dog...

An improperly trained cop has no right being a cop.. especially if they are just violating people's rights for no reason... So yeah I dont get your statement at all... are they supposed to fear the police or something? If a police officer attempts to harm one of them im sure he would end up dead if they are both carrying...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. My opinion is instead of going after tools, go after the criminal using the tool. We need to be as hard as nails on those who use or possess guns illegally and no one should get a second chance. If severe punishment for gun related crimes isn't a deterrent then locking the perps away for decades will keep them off the streets and safely tucked away in some cubicle in Florence.

9. Ignorant or not, this kind of shit happens. Doesn't matter who gets shot, it's still a tragedy. What comes to mind are a couple of kids in a play ground playing with toy guns. Cops get a call that a weapon is being brandished in public. Up drives a squad car and in a fraction of a sec the cop jumps out and kills the kid with the toy gun. Oops

10. Aren't wee doing that already? And a gun is not just any old tool, it's a single purpose tool.

11. Tamir Rice was a tragedy but he removed the orange tip and was walking around in a park in a densely populated area. When I played with Airsoft guns as a kid we had a couple spots we went to far away from people so there was never a problem. You need to exercise a little judgement and you'll be fine.

Same thing with CCW holders responding to armed criminals. If you've got your gun out when cops arrive, make no sudden moves and comply with all orders and you'll be fine. I've never seen a police shooting video where the person shot did those two simple things.

Actually anyone who thinks that armed civilians don't stop crimes should check out this channel. Plenty of good footage there of licensed carriers cooperating with police.

Active Self Protection

• Like Like x 4
  12. So blame the kid. Blame anything or anyone except the weapon. I'll pass on the propaganda, got any old Seinfeld?

13. I blame his parents more than him, if you're talking about Rice specifically. But yes, I blame him. The weapon is an inanimate object. Blaming guns for violence is literally no different than blaming McDonald's for obesity (I know people love doing that too but it's just as idiotic).

14. Must be a lot idiots out side the US and in countries with strict gun laws. They don't come even close to the unnecessary gun deaths, the US has. The idiots are the ones who hardly blinks an eye when a mass murder goes down.

15. Policy making shouldn't be driven by emotions. That's what Ben Franklin was warning people about when he spoke about freedom and security. People might be willing to give up things they shouldn't in the spasm of fear that comes after an event like this.

Maybe we should also acknowledge that mass murder goes down regularly in countries with strict gun laws. England for example. Or inner cities in America. I bet at least 58 people have been blown away in urban centers since this Vegas thing.

The argument that guns are too dangerous for people to possess is a bit absurd if you put it in perspective. It's like saying nobody can own a car because people drive drunk. And drunk drivers are a bigger threat to people than firearms ever will be.

The fact is being murdered, whether by firearm or otherwise, is an extremely rare way to die. Since a vast majority of the gun violence that does occur in America is gang related, if you stay out of a gang your odds of being murdered by a gunman are extremely low.

Imagine your outrage if someone tried to tell you you have no right to drive because it's too dangerous. Well that's how gun owners feel, except they have twice the reason to be pissed off because 1. Driving is far more dangerous than firearms are and 2. Driving is not a right enshrined in your country's Constitution (well you could argue freedom of movement I guess, but not the point).

• Like Like x 4

16. [​IMG]

17. This table makes the point rather well doesn't it? Especially when you consider the murder stat is driven way up by all the gang and drug murders.

18. #338 Lucky Luke, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    So what is your solution or rather ideas to help at least slow these mass shootings down? If people like you don't want to do anything then you realize they will probably get worse.

19. #339 Lucky Luke, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    I'm not threatened or scared so I don't need to do anything... I rarely even lock my car. I don't live in America or in a violent place.
    But its not about what worked here its about what may help there. We didn't have the gun culture or the violent crime like you guys do. Just going by the % of prisoners in jail per capita per country shows you don't have as peaceful country as mine. So what worked here may not work there. High min wage and free to end user health care I think means we get less robbery for eg. people don't need to rob to feed themselves. But I digress.
    [​IMG]

20. I resent this implication that people who oppose gun restrictions "don't want to do anything". It's more like we don't want to do something ineffective and harmful.

• Like Like x 2