Gun control is not the answer...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ravensfan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. I find it extremely funny whenever there's a mass shooting people suddenly cry for more gun control.

Do you realize that 22 children were stabbed in china today?

So I guess we're gonna ban knives also?

And what happens when a guy guys and beats a bunch of people to death with a baseball bat, we gonna ban bats also?

If you outlaw guns all you're doing is taking the second amendment right away from law abiding citizens.

I don't think people realize if someone really wants to kill another person making guns illegal is sure as fuck not going to stop them. They're going to kill someone at any means they see necessary.

Did you know how to make a bomb is a google away? I guess we're gonna ban the Internet...

Damn hippies.

2. Turns out the gun was stolen..

Maybe they should ban theft:p

3. Also it's funny people are so quick to blame guns but shouldn't the school have had a little more security?

How the fuck does a person with multiple weapons walk into a school without anyone stopping him?

4. My friend always tells me if US bans guns. The goverment will take over.

5. Good point

I dont think the majority of schools in america are prepared to deal with such events.

Scary thought.

6. If the US bans guns, there is still the largest weapon black market in the world within the country.

If someone wants a gun, they will find one.

7. of course there not. what most schools do is lock all the kids in there classrooms until the police arrive.

solution? give security guards guns?
    then people will complain when a security guard accidentally kills a student.

8. Spoons made you fat.

9. Exactly! How do people really not understand this?

If a person is fucked up enough to shoot up an elementary school I'm positive they will do whatever it takes to get a gun if they're illegal.

10. Security?

It's an elementary school in suburbanite white-bread Connecticut. Are they suppose to have armed guards or what? :confused:

11. Metal made that spoon, ban metal.

12. Train them not to accidentally kill students.

13. ban guns then only criminals with bad intentions will have guns..

many crimes have been stopped by law abiding citizens carrying a gun legally

14. of course, but im just saying statistically it will probably happen, or a security guard kills some kid because he thinks the kid had a gun but really was just playing around type thing.

people are going to be complaining either way.

15. Does anyone know the shooter's background?

16. No guns=no defense against violence, thieves, killers, oppressors, ect.

Is it a coincidence that stricter gun laws are resulting in more mass murders?

Take a look the fact behind a majority of these mass murders: They occur in areas where guns are prohibited, so there's a very very low chance that anyone will fire back.

People kill people, not weapons, guns, ect.

and why are you blaming hippies man lol?

17. Schools don't need security guards but they need something. I don't understand how a guy with multiple weapons can walk through the front door and kill almost 30 people.

18. In this case, since the gun was stolen, the logical thing to do is to further regulate who can own a gun and cracking down on the illegal gun market.

Kinda hard to do tho, when you have obama and operation fast and the furious..

19. everytime this cop says "newtown" i hear "nuketown"

i needa stop playin call of duty

20. A gunman could walk through the front door of almost anywhere and kill 30 people.

I don't think the solution is to put armed guards in every school in America.
    What a lot of schools do is keep all the doors locked except for the front door where there are secretaries to see who you are and give you a pass.

If the shooter's mom worked there, it would probably be as easy as saying "I'm here to see my mom". Even if he was a total stranger, all he has to do is kill them too if they won't let him in.