Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gummies!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by rromeo923, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Hi all,

First post..Looking to make gummies...
    I have been searching online and so many different ways to do this..
    So, hoping for some experience here..
    First I would like to make a batch of 100 gummies, 10mg ea
    I need a mold that will work for this with a recipe for the correct amount of liquid etc. Please add link if you have one that works for this...
    I want to do either shatter or RSO oil, which one works better??
    Need Gummy Recipe.

Pretend you are writing a book called Gummies for Dummies....Lol.
    Thanks so much, I appreciate any and all help.

Peace

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

2. These and I follow the magical butter magical gummies recipe. I used water instead of juice this time.

Magical Gummies

2oz of bud processed into "magical tincture " with 4 cups of everclear.

Reduced 1 cup almost to pure oil and blended in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. I can't give you much advice, I've only made one batch of gummies. And they molded before we ate all of them. :mellow: You might want to have that in mind when determining the recipe. Our recipe was just a random one from a forgotten source. We used grape juice, rso, and gelatin I do remember that, lol.

We used mj leaf molds from amazon. Each leaf holds 1/2tsp. You get 3 molds of 25 leaves each.

Now we use the molds for medicated chocolates. It works great for them, and we enjoy the chocolates better.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The mold comes from the fruit juice. You have to add a mold inhibitor if you use real juice. Thats why I chose water this time.

Also keep them in the freezer for longest storage and fridge storage for a month or 2 max.

I meant to say the recipe above that I did comes out to 10mg each give or take.

My current batch 20201201_230053.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. #5 Joker1121, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    I would use the shatter, much cleaner. You will need 1,000 mg of shatter and it's usually 70% or a bit higher so say a gram and a half. Decarb your shatter at 240 for 40 minutes, or until it stops bubbling. As to a recipe, just choose a recipe. You can use any silicone mold. Good luck. Please post what you do and your recipe to help the next blade. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I would like to use shatter....Now how come no-one will give exact proven recipe along with a link to the mold they use or at least with information as to what size gummy they use...ex. 4ml..
    Anyway I guess I will just have to experiment. I already made caramels using shatter and they didn't come out that good. They are also a bit of a pain in the butt to work with...They are definitely weaker comparably to store bought gummies with same THC content....so anyway I already wasted over $100 and would so very appreciate anyones expertise here...

Thanks again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. These look good! I don't want to use flower but it looks like your gummies came out great. Can you post recipe and what gummy mold you used? Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ok I see the recipe and the molds....Only thing I want to do now is to use shatter instead of flower...any suggestion on how to mix it best. I know I have to decarb the shatter...should I decarb in MCT oil or just by itself. Do I need to add anything during the magic recipe to help mix the decreed shatter into the Gelatin mixture.
    Thanks...We are getting somewhere now.

9. I would decarb by its self but I know nothing of shatter. Then maybe thin it up with everclear. Less oil in the gummies the better IMHO. Less chance to separate and you shouldn't need lecithin. I think. I would seek better ideas from a shatter pro

10. I used this recipe and it worked well. At the end of the recipe I added RSO and stirred it up good and put into molds. These work well. I also dipped them in sugar and they didn't stick together etc.... This works!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. An exact recipe is hard to give because we don’t know what exactly you are starting with, as far as source total mg’s.

I decarb and infuse my flower with an Ardent Lyft, so I have never tried cooking with shatter or RSO. I’m sure they work fine, but not sure about decarb procedure to unlock the THC-A

I think we all had to experiment a bit when we started. There are so many simple recipes and all you really need is jello any flavor, plain gelatin, infused Coconut oil and water. I like to add citric acid for that sour flavor, even Malik acid to the outside for more sour.

The mg per depends on the source you start with. Then use simple math to determine your MG per. I have small bear molds from Amazon that came in a 3 pack. Each mold holds 1 ml exactly.

I make dark chocolate now as I don’t have to strain out the source weed from the gummy coconut oil. If you use a majority of cocoa butter it is safe at room temp after cooling. Homemade dark chocolate impresses your friends too, especially when it kicks their ass LOl.

I always keep my edibles in the freezer until day of consumption. Just in case

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I dont have exact recipes for you but when I made mine I just used 1 pack jello(flavored), 2 packs gelatin and water. Your shatter or rso will melt quickly and combine easily just by mixing the ingredients. One thing I have learned over the times making gummies is that if you stir slow it stays clear and when you violently while it with a whisk it will be more of a cloudy or solid colored gummy.
    I believe if you are looking for some good info a blade by the name of badcat I believe anyone who knows please help.

13. I want to make chocolates too! If you use RSO you know exact mg and no need to decarb. I think if you grow your own using flower is the way but if not it is better/cheaper to use extracts. Do you have a good chocolate recipe? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have yet to venture into the chocolate category because of needing to use a double boiler. I agree I perfere to use rso in gummies.

15. We use one ml of feco per 1/2 cup of melted dark chocolate wafers, and a half tsp of lecithin. Also we include about a dozen drops of sweet orange oil. These chocolates taste great. Nothing you have to choke down.

The orange oil helps hide the mj taste plus provides limonene, a terpene known for uplifting and energetic effects.

Up to now we used powdered sunflower lecithin and melted it in a tiny amount of coconut oil. Next time I'll skip the oil and use liquid lecithin.

We use the silicone marijuana leaf molds from amazon. Each leaf is 1/2 tsp, and you can fill approximately 48 leaves with a half cup of melted infused chocolate.

The mj leaf molds from amazon have 3 molds of 25 each. We generally use 2 sets and a cup and a half of chocolate, and 3ml of feco. Last batch was 147 chocolate leaves.

As a caregiver for a handful of patients these chocolates are by far our most popular edibles. Both tasty and effective and only 18-20 mg each.

20mg is about the threshold that I can feel, but for some reason these chocolates seem stronger than 20ml. I suspect it's the combination of fat/sugar/orange oil but IDK.

16. Thanks!! I look forward to trying these....!

• Like Like x 1
  17. i use to just get hershy bars, put the butter in the pot on lowest heat, add hershy bar, stir! no double boiler. then you can pour into molds and freeze.
    i had people calling me for it. now you can use rso ...less fat exact mg

• Like Like x 1