Gumball 3000

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by duhganjaplanta, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sounds fuckin awsome to be in. but are there other cross country car rallies that dont require a supercar and a 40k entry fee?

2. You could, but the idea is that they speed on the highways, and have the money to not worry about it.

A bunch of college kids in subarus going across the country acting like fools would probably get them all arrested and cars impounded because of their lack of funds/and or getaway speed.

And without the investment, what is the incentive?

3. Yeah basically what RB said, you literally have to have money to burn... Other than that you're asking to be shot down and have your car taken and whatever else they can throw at you with all those tickets..

4. wonder if anyone's blazed the entire gumball 3000. Thats an accomplishment in my book.

5. I would rather drive the Key West to Pruhoe Bay run solo. That would be an even cooler accomplishment.

6. I imagine the race would be alot more fun if the cops didn't have those lovely motorolas. It's kind of hard to outrun a radio, lol. And not to mention some state highway patrols have VERY fast cars. Modified Vette's, Stangs, and other cars. True they aren't Porche 911 GT3's or Ferrari F430's, but on the open highway, they CAN catch you. But then again, like everyone else said, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!

7. You dont need to pay to find out where they are or where it starts, just wait outside in your impreza and follow them, will still be fun as hell.

8. baja 1000 is the way to go be hell of a lot more fun :) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcL-LeuIYJo&feature=channel_video_title]Dust To Glory Trailer - YouTube[/ame] want to do that soon and the entry fee is only like 2000$ which works out pretty cheap as they cover pretty much everything :)

9. true that would be sick still but the main attraction of the gumball is the after parties that thrown. And to get into those u have to actually be apart of the race

10. get a chrysler voyager and do it like the jackass guys :D

11. You may have just added something to my list of life-long goals...

Of course, if I were blazed, I'd drive safe as hell. - Fail