Gum...

Discussion in 'General' started by cannabis, Jun 18, 2009.

1. It's 2009 technology is doubling more and more frequently, we're on our way to Mars and yet you can't find a piece of gum that lasts longer than 7 seconds...

The stride brand whole ad strategy basically mocks my point but they're no different. You might think it's a marketing attempt to increase productivity but in order for that to work gum would have to have addictive qualities...i shouldn't have to feel like this every time i chew

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV_-O4nfT2U]YouTube - family guy peter disappointed by gum[/ame]

2. Some gum lasts up to like 15 minutes for me.

3. hahah. the flavor, he means, the flavor.:rolleyes:

4. trident watermelon twist lasts for a good while. Especially if your drinking anything fruity with it in your mouth.

Plus it tastes amazing

5. It's called flavor fatigue, you get it eating ANYTHING. Ever had the last bite of a huge meal taste the same as the first bite? Probably not...

6. yea right. It's called absorbing all the flavor .

7. [​IMG]
    im watching you

8. spooky

9. how fucking technological exactly do you want your gum to be anyways? :confused:

10. We should have nano bots that reintroduce flavor to the gum as you chew it.

11. Flavor fatigue? that deals with consuming large amounts of food over the coarse of days, c'mon now.

Technical enough to last longer than 7 seconds...is that so much to ask?

12. Oddly enough, this "flavor fatigue" is cured by chewing a new stick of gum.

13. yeah wraughbit was obviously wrong

14. Yup. On a side note chewing gum is good if you're trying to quit smoking (cigs). Extra, 5, and Stride are all pretty good.

15. correct. Except I used the nicotine-loaded gum :) works wonders

16. tried it. gum has a lot of fake sugar which acts as a laxative. i stopped smoking for a few days and started shitting up a storm.