Guitars from ah China

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by bummember, May 7, 2012.

1. Whatsup tune tokers I got a question for some of you more experienced musicians. My birthday is coming up on the 15th, and I'm looking into getting a new electric. By doing a little searching, I came across a site selling China-made replica guitars.

Find All China Products On Sale from Beijing Maka International Trade Co., Ltd. on Aliexpress.com - PRS Paul Reed Smith Hollowbody II Figured Maple Top And Piezo Electric Guitar w Moon,New Classical Beautiful PRS Paul Reed Smith Private Stock SingleC

[​IMG]

Now I know that I will not be getting authentic P-R-S quality, but can anyone give any insight as to what I can expect.. they look gorgeous in the pics, and I can always upgrade the guts of it myself if I have to. Thanks blades

2. I wouldn't buy one online.... Don't get me wrong you can get good cheap guitars but you really have to be able to play them and check it out in person to make sure they're not slapped together pieces of shit.

3. I wouldn't buy online either. I'd be wary of purchasing knock-off anything, because the fit and finish likely won't be good. Unlevel frets, sharp frets, warped necks, ill-fitting bridges, wiring problems, you name it. Do yourself a favor and buy your guitar in person, and only after playing it.