Guitarist

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Santeria420, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Anyone play guitar here on GC?
    If so, whats your guitar/equipement?

I play on a cheap ass Epiphone Les Paul Special II, i switched out the tone knob for a momentary killswitch (like Bucketheads old one) Running threw a little 10W practice amp, I plan on upgrading to a Peavey ValveKing :D also got a Slash wah pedal. My next guitar will either be a Mark Morton signature or somekind of hardtail with 2 humbuckers and a single in the mid.

What's your equipement?

2. This is my first post! I was so excited to see another guitar enthusiast on here. I play an Ibanez Prestige RG 3570 through a Bogner Alchemist 1x12 with a Keeley-modded Boss DS-1 pedal and a Bad Horsie Wah-wah pedal. Rock ON!!!

3. I play a Mexican (aka cheap) Fender strat through a Boss DS-1 (Fuck ya for boss DS-1 robmc) and a line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp. i wanna get a Schecter Synester Gates custom series next tho

4. I play guitar and ukulele.

I own an off-brand little acoustic for just messing around and taking to the beach and stuff, not a great guitar. I also own a Hohner Ebony Acoustic Electric which I love and an Applause tenor uke. I really want to buy an electric guitar, I've been messing around with my dads les paul junior, that I bought him for his birthday but he doesnt really play. I want to own a bob marley special edition less paul someday.

Nice to see some fellow guitar players on here. I'm not very experienced and I'm still developing my skills with the guitar and the uke but I'm just having fun.

5. I do not play, but a very good friend of mine plays an Ibanez RG1570 on a Steve Vai Legacy head (Carvin... the best) with an old school Marshall 4x12 cab that I don't know the details of. All I know is that it sounds fucking amazing.

6. Those Prestige's are fucking sick. If only I had the money..

"Schecter c-1 classic, seymour duncan jb bridge & '59 neck pickups, ernie ball skinny top/heavy bottom strings."

How are those pickups? I've been looking into those but not sure if I want EMG's or the jb '59 combo.

7. Guitarist right here, I have a few guitars but here are my main ones,

Line 6 Variax
    Line 6 Spider Amp II
    Fender Strat (red, all american wood)

Pedals:
    Line 6 Pod XT
    The Weapon by Digitech

As you can see, I like Line 6.

Then my sister has this amazing custom guitar she had a professional make, I'll have to get pics of that sometime. :love: It has seymour duncan and demarzio pick ups on it and is made to look like marble. Looks badass.

8. #10 help slip frank, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    Acoustic - Martin HD-28v

[​IMG]

Electric - Fender Strat Highway 1 -totally overhauled DiMarzio dual sounds in Bridge/Neck Dimarzio super II in middle. I can run all 3 pups as humbuckers or single coils

[​IMG]

Effects-

Electro-Harmonix QTron
    \t\t\t\t MXR Distortion +
    \t\t\t\t Line 6 DL-4 Delay/Looper
    \t\t\t\t MXR Phase 90
    \t\t\t\t Danelectro Hashbrowns Flanger
    \t\t\t\t Boss Digital Reverb/Delay RV-3

more info on my site.

9. Goddamn. That beast is beautiful, how much did all that cost you?
    Can't go wrong with DiMarzio's

10. I mainly play psichedelic and garage stuff

Guitars:
    gibson sg copy (made by me)
    fender stratocaster relic
    gibson es 345 3 p90s copy (custom made by a german liuther)

--> EH nano reverb -> keleey compressor -> roland pheaser -> Ibanez TS -> Big muff sovtek -> Proco rat vintage -> Fuzz face

Amp:
    Fender blues JR
    Marshall SLP 1972 copy (added a stereo effect loop)

I use a custom pedal with 5 channels, givin me the possibility to hafe different kind of eq and distortion.

effect loop 1:
    BOSS CE1 -> doubler -> tap tremolo (with screen, stereo) -> delay stereo -> reverb stereo

effect loop 2:
    after the boss ce1 the signal splits in an other fx loop with EH POG -> EH pulsar -> Delay and reverb -> fender blues JR

I think i didn't forget anything xD
    :wave:

11. 1992 standard strat.
    2000 les paul classic
    jcm2000 tsl 601 (made in england/jj tubes)

playin since 1993.

12. LOVE your set up, help slip frank.

Posting some pics of my shit. :)

Here's my sister's custom made guitar:
    [​IMG]

My Line 6 Variax:
    [​IMG]

Cute Microcube amp (very efficient):
    [​IMG]

My fender strat:
    [​IMG]

Acoustic:
    [​IMG]

Pedal:
    [​IMG]

Music is def my life. :love:

13. Micro Cube's KICK ASS

and is that really granite on there? that thing has to weigh a ton

14. Haha, it's just made to look like marble. It's really wood, just painted that way. ;)

And represent that microcube, hell yeah.

15. #17 jpb, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
    Alright guys.... Jackson rr3 rhoads, PRS Paul Allenddr SE with dovetail neck, A fender american made three tone sunburst start, A schecter 7 string c7 blackjack with neck through body, Washburn sb-20 with neck through(One of the most beautiful guitars I have ever laid eyes on..), all going through a spider III 120 watt with two 12"s in it. I want a new amp though. I LOVE playing death metal, and metal. All the way from death, and iron maiden to behemoth, nile, and cannibal corpse and sometimes some stuff like pink floyd gets thrown in there. I really hate dethcore though... As you can tell I also have a bit of an instrument addiction.

16. Guitarists?

Pfft, it is the bassists that rain supreme.

All Hail FUNK-D!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - shawn killin on bass

I'll put some pics up of my equiptment later.

17. #19 help slip frank, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010

Thanks buddy :)

If I'm not mistaken -

$700 - highway 1
    $80 - dual sounds...they're from the 70's - sound amazing and an amazing deal..$80/both
    $90 - Super II
    $40 - HHH pickguard from Warmoth.com (As opposed to the original SSH)
    $30 - pickup rings...$10/piece
    $10 - knobs...which are pretty damn cool
    $50 - in electronics...pots/switches/wires...all custom work...allows me to get all sorts of tones out of my pups

So in the ballpark of $1000. I want to install a unity gain buffer on it, but outside of that she's exactly what I want (a neck thru guitar would be great, but there's no market neck thru guitar that has a middle pickup)

edit:

My pedalboard -
    [​IMG]

I don't remember exactly what I paid for my pedals. I think the DL-4 ran about $200? Qtron about $100. Phase 90 was actually given to me by a friend. It was broken. Took about 10 mins to fix. Distortion + was about $60. The boss rv-3 I bought back in the day so I don't remember

18. Thank you :)

and right on ;)