Guitarist Talk

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by ganjawrestler13, Jun 26, 2014.

1. My main guitar: 1996 Parker Fly Deluxe Parker.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Today I'm learning about this Floyd Rose Trem/Bridge thing-a-ma-bob. Gads!
    I've set out my KYG shirt and " Phillip" screwdriver for added mojo. ;-)
    kyeg1.JPG
    I'm not much on Whammy Bars, so I might 'block' the bridge from floating.( Will make bending strings and tuning so much easier.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ever have a guitar that you liked, but it never became a favorite?

I’ve had this Paul Reed Smith for several years and it’s a nice guitar, it just never seemed to get the attention it deserves.

I started playing it again lately and it’s really growing on me! I think it was because I’m used to the profile of Fender necks or the slimmer ones of certain eras of Les Pauls.

this one has a bit of a chunkier neck feel.
    I’m starting to really like it!

C22E59BE-E231-403B-98D5-A71DCC74DF12.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Great looking PRS guitar. As an older beginning guitar player I'm still test driving inexpensive guitars in different styles and comfort for me is large. If I was goldilocks...I haven't even broken into the Bear's House yet! It's a fun journey so far. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ive got a les paul and a sg . My fav is a prs. Gibsons sound slightly better compared to the prs i have (i own 2 cheaper ones) but easier for me to play .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Let’s see some pics of your axes @Butterfat !

7. Honestly I've been slacking playing the last couple yrs but trying to get myself back into the habit . Ignore the mess I'm cleaning .(few more around somewhere lol)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice collection bro! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. You’ve got some really nice guitars man!
    Inexpensive or not, as long as you like the looks, feel and sound of an instrument, that’s what matters most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Anybody here like playing original metal music. I'm a drummer looking to collaborate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. What Guitar has Animal Traits? Maybe a Monkey Grip, Tiger Claw Trem., Dove Tail Headstock, and Scallops on frets!!
    jemscallops.png

My Jem Clone from EART Guitar.
    eartjem.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. #352 AngryPossum, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    I own about 60 guitars. Many Ibanez's. Some Fenders, Squiers, Greco's, Epiphones, Hamer, Cort, etc. And I actually just bought a Gibson Les Paul Faded Cherry, a no frills Les Paul. Plays and sounds nice.

I just did this George Lynch Style Skin on my new $179 Kramer. It came out sick. 20210511_142309.jpg 20210526_110036.jpg 20210526_110529.jpg 20210526_123251.jpg 20210526_160000.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Some of my collection.
    20210409_114857.jpg

• Like Like x 3

14. AngryPossum Well-Known Member

"I own about 60 guitars. Many Ibanez's. Some Squiers, Greco's, Epiphones etc."

I saw a website that stated it was best to Only have 1 guitar and learn everything on that guitar,...to know it so well that it becomes an extension of your body. I Don't Visit that Website Anymore!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. one-does-not-c21c37e253.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Some of my other guitars.
    Ibanez RS315 and A Roadstar Japan, A Les Paul, Epiphone V modded to a Gibson, Wolf A400 killer guitar.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I played percussion and drums for ever, but always messed with other instruments when I had the chance. I retired and bought a few guitars...mostly cheapies that hurt my hands or didn't inspire me so much. I started playing keyboards and it led me back to guitar. I bought a EART Chinese tele on Amazon, and it was and continues to be an Experience for me. Plays and sounds great and I feel connected to it..lol dunno, maybe there's a secret device inside sending out alien signals..lol. I offered to assist the company with small promotional aids. They are taking off like a rocket now! Major YouTubers are saying positive things about them, and if they can keep up QC and Cust. service, they will do well. They are always interested in promoting musicians of all skill levels.
    Is Windex glass cleaner ok for cleaning guitars? Music store cleaners are pretty expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks man. I have about 60.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wow
    That’s about 40 more than me!
    (not a competition, we just love guitars)

• Winner Winner x 1