Guitarist Talk

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by ganjawrestler13, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Working on the Carlos 1st. The Nut, Fret Markers, and part of bridge are made of Brass.I replaced the tuners with some Grovers I had. Martin Acoustic Lt. ga. Strings. Oil the Fret Board, Wax the Rest!..lol ;) Plays Nice, Clear Like a Bell. carlos207b.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. I like “project” guitars and basses too.

Here’s one I put together a couple years ago.

Fender Jazz style body, extra pickups, pots, knobs and bridge paired with a lefty fretless neck I bought off a guy.
    It had an odd knot in the playing surface, so I put that skull sticker over it and sprayed it with several coats of lacquer. I put a set of tape wound strings on it and some old tuners I had laying around.

291749B1-AB2E-4026-9745-1C347969E1D2.jpeg 63553C2F-5542-4AC5-9D41-4EE8179CC67B.jpeg 9DEB4444-6408-42AB-9425-29CAB8A30E01.jpeg C0F81F42-B4BD-45C2-9365-7F0F337529ED.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Here's my latest acoustic. I have a Les Paul and a couple of other electrics, but I suck at playing them. I am mostly an acoustic player now so I treated myself.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Very nice

5. #245 jimihendrix42, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    71 4 bolt Olympic White Stratocaster I got new

6-25-82 x 62 Fullerton Reissue Stratocaster x 3 Red Bobbin Pickups. No Red or Grey Bobbins found past Serial# v008000. Mine is v002504. Black was the standard color.

Parts Guitar/Stratocaster... Had it assembled in 2011.
    7-13-82 x 57 Fullerton Reissue Body
    USA Custom Guitars Neck. I supplied wood.
    Torrified Flame Maple Neck x African Blackwood Fretboard
    2 x 66 Stratocaster Pickups
    1x 65 Stratocaster Pickup
    Ilitch Noise Reduction Backplate
    ManMade USA Tremolo.. Original supplier to Paul Reed Smith.
    Gotoh SGL510Z Height Adjust Post Mg Lok tuning gear. 1:21 gear ratio
    Assembled, Set Up, PLEK Joe Glaser Nashville

Custom build by Vintage Relic... 1959 Les Paul reproduction Minus Gibson Headstock
    All original 50s era Wood.
    Brazilian Rosewood
    Eastern Maple
    Honduran Mahogany
    8.1lbs
    Tom Holmes Pickups
    Pigtail Bridge Assembly
    Historic Makeovers Plastic
    MojoAxe Pickguard, Backplates
    Throbak M69 Rings

1969 Fender Dual Showman Reverb Head/Blackfaced/ODS Mod
    2 x 15 Altec Lansing speakers.. 421A-100w Ceramic x 418H-150w Alnico x 1972 Carvin 2 x 15 cabinet

2013 LTD ED Metropoulos GMP45 Head, which is a repro of a 1965 Marshall JTM45. Uses all NOS Mustard Capacitors like the original. $2000 in tubes alone. JTM45 was Jim Marshall first amplifier, and was based on the 1959 Fender Bassman.
    JTM45/100 is 85w version, and solid state rectifier. JTM45 has a tube rectifier. JTM45/100 was Hendrix favorite amp. Serial# 7026 JTM45.. AKA Bluesbreaker is what Clapton played with John Mayal, and the Bluesbreakers. His was a combo amp though
    Mather Repro Cabinet 1966 Marshall JTM45/100 TVB cabinet. EC Collins Pinstripe cloth. Pinstripe cloth originally was used on UK Bus Seats, but was discontinued in 1968, so Marshall went to Basketweave.
    EC Collins Pinstripe/Bluesbreaker cloth is exact repro, and is hand woven in Europe. It takes 8 hours to make a piece by hand big enough for a TVB Cabinet.
    Speakers are 1972 Celestion 25W/75hz G12M x Pulsonic Cones. Pulsonic factory burned down in 73. No More Pulsonic cones.

Fender Cyber Twin. Is my grab, and go amp. Got it new in 2001.

Have all kinds of great sound effects.

Roger Mayer, who was Hendrix electronics/pedal, amp guy

MOOG
    Pete Cornish.. Dave Gilmours pedal guy. As well as Brian May, and many others.
    Butler. Eric Johnson/Gilmour.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Extra speakers.

Hemp coned JBL E120s, Celestion 90w Alnico, late 60s Fane/Pulsonic Cresendos, 150w Celestion G12H Redbacks.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mr. Potato Electric Guitar. Neck Thru Body. Warm "Santana Like" Sustain.
    mr potato.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Riding my bike one day I found the little purple First Act guitar sitting by a tree,..so I grabbed it!
    Sure it's a toy and intonation is non existent for serious playing,..but tune it in open E and use a slide and it demands attention. That toy gave me a smile and a happy heart. And some g.a.s. too. I am a classical trained percussionist but that day made me realize I love guitars too! And Bass, Piano, and Harmonica. IMG_20191022_172245.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I picked up a little 3/4-size classical that someone left behind in a hostel years ago while I was travelling. The bridge had lifted. It was a cheap thing to begin with, but I fixed it, restrung it, and it's always been one of my favourites to play. I jam on that thing hard and it's so forgiving. I've even gigged with it.

I'm guilty for naming my guitars. That one's always been known as my Beach Bitch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. You know the (unwritten) rule: pics or it didn’t happen!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. The rule applies only to celebrity and/or guitar brand name stories. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Hey Player, post a pic of your usb audio interface, i'm thinking of getting one,.trying to decide if I need it or a Ukulele..lol. Stay Safe.
    rb.

12. I use an older Boss multi tracker for recording.
    I’ll see if I have a decent pic of it

13. #253 tangentweed, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Not great photos, but you can see it on the desk behind the basses. It’s a Boss BR1180. 10 tracks. Burns CD’s too. I also use a pair of Behringer Truth powered monitors

105D8CEC-676D-4E1C-8408-BE0C9D990360.jpeg 2AB2C35B-C84E-4B8C-A07A-45F229EFAA36.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. I'll get something by Behringer or Focusrite,..something small for my guitar and midi keyboard.
    thx

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks for the Pix.
    Stop tempting me with those Guitars! ;)
    Maybe after my indoor grow is finished and the kung flu is gone, i'll treat my self to
    something musically nice. theband.gif melonpunch.JPG
    Purple Punch & Magic Melon- start flushing this week.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lovely ladies you have there! ^

17. Great Idea,... I played drums mostly and never did name them. My Bass I named "the Count"
    The lil Bullet Strat I just call 929.
    Dang, I have a few more guitars so I'm going to have to come up with a few names. ;-)
    cbn929.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. tele.jpg Project Guitar: I just Bought this $69. Harmonia "Telecaster Style"
    Electric Guitar. Arrives tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  19. What are you gonna do to it project-wise?

20. Hey Now!, Just basic stuff, change tuners( Hipshot Locking type), Tusq nut, Tusq string trees, 10ga. slinkys strings, Compensated Bridge ( not sure if 3 barrel vintage or modern bridge), Pickups ( not sure yet), and Controls.(4-way). The Body is Alder and Maple Neck. I will Maximize it's Potential :) theband.gif

• Like Like x 1