Guitar Tabs

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by LafterL, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some good tabs for a beginner guitarist. I'm just looking for a few songs that i can get the hang of fairly quickly. I've got some sublime, red hot chili peppers, a little bob marley, and a bunch of other random tabs. Don't really have a preference yet, just looking to try out a little of everything.

I'm working with an acoustic right now. so yeah, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. nothing else matters by Metallica, if my 11 year old niece can learn it so can you

3. ah, thanks. can't believe i overlooked that one. but that's what this thread is for haha

4. yeah man you could also give "unforgiven" a shot, its good for getting finger picking down. Just the intro part I mean. Hopefully you will stick with it, and try to learn the whole song, its a masterpiece!

I also really like Neil Young - Keep on rockin in the free world pretty easy riff

5. good stuff. you can never go wrong with metallica.

6. np man, if you ever get an electric, learn crazy train by ozzy that song is really fun to play and the solo is really easy to learn, also fade to black ( metallica) and stair way to heaven are good songs to.

7. right now im learning this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL7DED8huak]Megadeth 44 minutes - YouTube[/ame]

8. I started with green day and nirvana..easy and fun

9. Wish you were here- Pink Floyd

10. if i had an electric, i'd definitely get into that. i'll probably stick with acoustic for a long while though. iv'e always loved the sound of acoustic. i wish every single band recorded a regular album and an acoustic version.

11. Perhaps some Beatles? Their songs are pretty simple.

12. Play some Spanish or classical songs man. They'll get your fingers tough and give you more dexterity. That's what I would do mna. Right now Im learning Rust in Peace... Polaris. Try that man .. how long you been playing?

13. thanks man, ill try that out. iv'e been playing a few months. always wanted to play but never had the motivation. needless to say some of the circumstances in my life have changed giving me the time and motivation to start learning. wish i would have started earlier. but then again i'm not trying to be a rockstar. i just want to be able to sit down and play a song for my own pleasure.