Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Guitar strap metal piece?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Afterdark, Jun 8, 2010.

1. I was reading the homemade toking thread and someone said that they used these. I was thinking that'd it would be perfect. But I don't know if thats the right metal, or if the metal has something on it that might make it dangerous. My bowl broke a while ago and I'm looking for an alternative.

Heres a pic of my guitar. I think the piece is fine, but the rusty screw makes it look dirty.

[​IMG]

2. as long as it dosent start smoking when you take a flame to it id assume your good. Its not copper... id say your safe. I use an air compressor fitting for my home made piece

3. Your good man. Just scrub it with soab water and a scrub brush. And you could boil it also.

4. Thanks for the feedback. I'll light it for a bit, and then go scrub it. Might boil it too if I feel like going the extra mile. I'll let you guys know how it works. This would be great too if it works cause then it'd be better than a bowl since I could make a lot of cool homemade stuff with it. If I make anything good I'll post it in that thread.

5. yeah. Post some pics of the bow when your done cleaning it. Id like to see it. And yeah its great to have a bowl piece around, You can make a bong out of just about anything, if you have a good bowl.

6. Sorry, started smoking a bit after that post. Its pretty clean, theres just one thing. A brownish rust color ring around the middle. But its like a perfect ring so I'm thinking its just part of the metal or some weird coloration. It doesnt seem like rust at all. Anyways, when I'm smoking I tinge the weed, so the bowl/weed touching is minimal.

Sorry for the blurry pic, my viewfinder is broken and the camera can't focus in, and I can't check to make sure it did. This was the best out of like 10 pics.

[​IMG]

hehehe...

[​IMG]

7. Nice. Is the bowl taped to the white tube you got?

If you put tape around the bowls stem, you could make it so the tape blocks any air and spaces. makeing it a nice fit inside the downstem(your white tube). This is good if you want to make a homemade bong. You will be able to lift the bowl from the downstem, insted of pulling the whole downstem+bowl out of the bong. If you dont understand let me know.

8. Haha, great minds think alike. I just did that. Yeah it was taped to a pen tube that I cut out a long ass time ago to hollow out the inside of a carrot (made a few pipes out of that). Used a water bottle. It works very nicely. I think I need to tape the bowl to it better, but I think I can make a few goodies with this. I'm going to be thinking. If you have any ideas feel free to let me know.

9. Those are some crazy small bowls :bongin:

10. No matter, I have another one on my guitar and two more on my bass. I think 4 bowls should be plenty, given the size. :smoking:

11. Looks like a pretty good idea, but the tape and plastic pen isn't the best thing to use. The flame won't be touching it, but with enough smoking the metal will get hot enough to melt the plastic.

12. Thanks for the heads up. Time to look for another tube. I'll post if I find anything.

13. #13 smilie, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    hobby lobby is great
    brass tubing just put it through the hole
    fan it out and pull it through the hole so it sticks
    get the smaller one 1/8 of an inch tube
    works perfect and is air tight
    and for rust, mine didnt have any but a wire brush and a good clean'll fix that

14. :D i have a crap-ton of those. and it never crossed my mind to use them for a bowl. *slap* im stupid.

15. just throwin this out there, i like to use black electrical tape for all my taping needs, it stretches, and can be heat up with a lighter, and pressed into shape!

cool idea for the strap button! i might just go buy a few ;)

16. Me either, I thought since smoking my mind has been turning everything into a potential smoking device. Apparently it wasn't as fine tuned as I thought. :eek:

17. I've used sockets for a while but I've always had to use foil screens, but I have found something that is absolutely perfect: cake decorating pieces.! There decent sized for bowls, the holes or perfect size and they're cheap as hell, I got a 5 pack for $.99 a walmart.

Files attached (points down) two examples of using them.
    Happy Toking :smoke:

Attached Files:

18. That is genius my friend. I will definitely look for those. Yeah my biggest problem with the guitar thing is the hole, but its actually not as bad as I thought it would be, just need to get a pinch of little nugs to put before any small cut up stuff.