Guitar Players

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Munga, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Any guitar or bass players around here?

If so, post your gear. Pictures are always a plus. :D

2. Sorry man, no pictures, I will be getting a camera real soon though. So I guess a description is going to have to do for now.

1) American made Fender Stratocaster.
    2) Fender P-bass
    3) SWR LA Series Bass amp
    3) Casio CTK-481 keyboard
    4) Yamaha CG 100-A Nylon Acoustic Guitar (Made in Taiwan)
    5) King temp 600 Trumpet made in USA

I am a music major. All these instruments I have either inherited or have been given to me. So I look forward to purchasing my own.

What does your gear consist of?

3. Here is all of my gear, recording and musical:

American Reissue '52 Tele "Bob"
    Cherry Tele-In progress
    Martin DM acoustic
    Squier Strat-Now a Blues Slide Guitar
    '89 Ibanez EX Series
    '89 BC Rich NJ series Mockingbird

Ceriatone Trainwreck Clone
    Fender Tweed Deluxe Clone
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
    Fender Frontman 15G
    Fender BXR200 Bass halfstack
    2 JBL G125-8s waiting for a cab

ZVex Wah Probe
    Fulltone '69 Fuzz
    Dunlop Wah

Roland JV-90 Synth
    Synth Interface
    MBox Recording Interface
    Shure SM57 recording microphone
    AKG Perception

4. Very nice. My next step is to get recording equipment and supplement my pedals with more pedals + pedal board.

Are you majoring in music?

5. Guitars
    1. ESP LTD explorer (pre-lawsuit)
    2. Jackson JS1 Dinky.
    3. 1991 Fender Stratocaster.
    3. Tacoma Acoustic.

Amps
    1.Behringer.
    2 Vox 30V

and some other shit..lol

[​IMG]
    WHOOT WHOOT!:hello:

6. i play a strat. it was originally a squire, but its now a frankencaster, made of fender, squier, and ibanez parts.

the pickups are from an 80's RG custom, they consist of 2 humbuckers and a single coil. they have good mixed tones, but im movin back into the single coil only side of electric guitar. im planning on getting a new neck for it, maple 2 piece, because im sick of rosewood after 8 years of playing the same axe. its custom painted by me, and it has a painting over the top of the new paint coat i gave it, which is champagne.

7. No. I was highly considering it, but I thought it might ruin it for me. I am more of an ear player anyway. I might minor in Music Production, though. That could be fun!

8. i have no amps. they were all blown by my brother, so now i work mainly with digital effects, since im poor.

9. [​IMG]

Trainwreck clone in temporary pine cabinet.

[​IMG]

Cherry tele being wired. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

The neck on that bad boy.

[​IMG]

Tweed Deluxe 5E3 clone I built.

[​IMG]

Crappy wiring galore!

[​IMG]

Amps minus Trainwreck.

[​IMG]

Very old groupshot not showing much.

Keep in mind, most of these pics are old, crappy, and stupid. :D

I don't have pictures at this time of my other gear, but hopefully that will change soon.

Alec

EDIT: OOPS. Forgot my baby!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

[​IMG]

My '52RI Tele "Bob"

10. Unfortunately, no pictures, but I am currently proud owner of an Ibanez SA 220FM, which is pure sex! I play through a heavily modified VOX AD100, and have a couple of pedals (digital delay, compression, wah wah). For my bass, I have a Yamaha B-255, through a Kustom 60 watt amp, which is beautiful and punchy, yet warm when required. I have a cheap PA system, which is fine for when my band is gigging and the stingy bastards don't provide it :D, and I use my Tanglewood for teaching guitar. Sorry for the lack of pictures, which can be attributed to the lack of camera (working on it)

11. PRS Custom 24
    American Stratocaster (maple scalloped fretboard)

Shitty B52 Amp (half stack)

Pod XT. Live,

and hopefuly soon, a DOD yngwie malmsteen overdrive

12. You need an amp to match those guitars!

13. Here's what you're gonna be lookin' at:

• a cheap-o Montana acoustic
    • an array of amps and pedals: a Vox Pathfinder, a Line 6 Spider III 75W, Marshall Reflector reverb, Dunlop Crybaby, Digitech RP50.
    • 1976 Les Paul Custom (Bartolini pickup in the bridge)
    • Epiphone Les Paul Standard
    • My LPs, side by side
    • Fender Stratocaster with amp and wah

Attached Files:

14. I've got an Alvarez 12 string acoustic, and an Epi SG400. Pic of them below. I ordered a new amp but its still not here! Peavey ValveKing Royal 8. 200$ for an all-valve 5 watt amp. Can't beat it with a stick..

Next purchase is already lined up.. MIM Fender strat in Olympic White with a rosewood fretboard. If only I could afford a MIA '62 reissue (photo below)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. How is that Les Paul?

16. Those are some nice pauls skydog, you just need the marshall stacks to nail Duane's tone.
    My UNivox U-1246 head, made in 1971
    [​IMG]</a>

And my D*A*M Meathead with my amp.
    [​IMG]</a>
    Head with a single 15 inch speaker cab[​IMG]
    Now with a custom 4x12[​IMG]

I have a guitar and bass too, not just amps. I'll post pics later.

17. It's great! It's really hard to express in words, but the Bartolini bridge pickup really gives great definition when you play a chord with overdrive (you can hear each string in the chord). Plus, the Black Beauty is one of those guitars just about everybody lusts over at some point. Now all it needs is a gold Bigsby.

Until I get that Marshall Plexi, I can dial in the preset labeled 'Whipping Post' on my Line 6 and I'm 85% there! Lots of people put down Line 6s, but it's the best amp imaginable for the money.

18. i have a gio ibanez, it's like one of the cheapest ones =/

19. I have a cool old guitar that I would trade for weed....... comes with a stand and everything.... lol :smoking: