Guitar players?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by wuidd420, May 8, 2013.

1. I know there has to be guitar players on a stoner forum. How long have you been playing guitar and what kind of guitar do you have? I've been playing for about six years now and have a jackson dinky dk2m.

2. I think its been about 9 years now?

All acoustic guitar nowadays.

I have:

Eastman 708ce
    Blueberry Guitar (Spruce/Koa)
    NoName Handmade Concert (Koa B&S and binding)
    Breedlove CR250 12 string (strung as a 6 string for wider neck)
    Takamine G501S w/ K&K mini

Probably in that order too. Really fucking addicted to the Eastman, nicest and newest. I love my guitars, nicest things I own besides my glass.

I run them all through a Marshall AD250 with a Monster Acoustic cord. The no name is the only one without electronics, but the Breedlove's are off.

I play almost exlusively fingerstyle guitar, my biggest influences are Al Petteway, Tony McManus, Laurence Juber, Andy Mckee, and Antoine Dufour.

3. #3 Kelsey Grammer, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
    I dabble in the violin.
    [​IMG]

4. Okay...three off topic posts in a row that are borderline troll-line is a bit much don't you think? Its not even a guitar..

5. 40 years, since I was 10. '78 Strat, 2 blues junior amps and 1 Fender Super amp. I also have a mandolin, a 12 string Ovation and a crappy acoustic.

6. #6 Kelsey Grammer, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
    Perhaps you're right. I'll keep one and delete the other two. I'm not trying to piss anyone off, however. I hope I can make it up to you as I'm not trying to make any enemies ;)

-EDIT- I even got a smaller picture. Really sorry if I pissed you off. I'm not a "troll".

7. I've been playing since the mid-70s. I mostly focused on the 5-string banjo, but more on the guitar in the past 20 years. I have:

An Ibanez flat top, bought new in 70s.

A Guild electric, bought used in the 70s.

A mint 1996 Takamine with electrics, bought a year ago.

8. Woody used to play the banjo a lot. I've even seen him play on set. That was 25 years ago, though. I don't think he plays as much anymore despite the whole Zombieland character.

9. Who gives a shit?

[​IMG]

10. How am I a troll? I'm not trying to annoy anyone. Do you even know what a troll is? It's someone who tries to annoy people. Have I annoyed you? Have I annoyed anyone else?

Heosphoros had a problem with me and I solved it as quickly as I could. If you have a problem with me striking up conversation with you, please tell me where I went wrong and I can correct it.

Honestly, though, I was only trying to be nice. I swear that I'm not trying to piss anyone off.

11. Been almost a year. I got a maroonish ibanez electric guitar. I've been teaching myself and my buds throw in tips and shit. When we all get together..hella high....it's like a fuckin symphony.

12. On and off since i was 14 so 8 years. Shit that makes me feel bad for how bad i am and dont even know even the most basic therory. Currently just have a shit rg7321 that needs new pups or pots or something. but eventually getting an agile 8 string. And a pod hd500(or whatever is out when i have money for that as well). No point in having a nice tube amp when you live in an apartment and will never play live.

13. 1 year...I started with a shitty Starcaster by Fender starter lol...Got my Blacktop Fender Strat HH last may. A good guitar made me wanna learn...learning slowly..

Started out obviously what a new player wants to do..learn riffs..first thing I played was 'Island in the Sun' riff, then obviously worked on chords, and some scale patterns.

Need to work on learning the notes of the fretboard off the top..well faster actually.

14. Hmm been playing about 3 and a half years with a cheap imitation guitar of a Fender Stratocaster but it does the job and I like shredding on it.

I also need to learn more theory etc. my technical ability is pretty good though.