Guitar Picks

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Opivy, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Guitarists, What kind of picks do you prefer?

I was going to make this a poll, but there are far too many options. So i guess just say it,

I've always liked dunlop 1.5mm (i also like the tear-shaped clayton picks 1.26mm)

Lately though i've been turned onto the Red Jazz III picks by Dunlop. (1.38mm i think) They are absolutely the best picks i've ever played with - increased my speed and control alot.

so anyways, what do you use?

2. .73 Dunlop Tortex (Yellow)
    .71 Dunlop Gator Grip (Purple)

3. Dunlop 1mm nylon. A good pick makes all the difference, oh yeah :cool:

4. i use my fingers...most of the time...

5. Word.

When I don't have a pick I can make due. I can pick fine with my fingers but a good pick can make a huge difference. I like to use a somwhat thicker pick. You can get so speedy with those things.:D

6. Gator grip super heavy are my favorite

7. Mweh, whatever one is closest to my hand of the hundreds of 'em that I have just laying around my room. Most are EMG glow in the dark alien face .60's, a few Peavey 1ms, Dunlop Big Stubby 1ms, and a nice pink Dunlop 1.2 that I use a lot when I really wanna bash the strings. I change gauge quite often depending on how I feel (like how tense my muscles are and shit) and what I wanna play.

Big Stubbies are probably my favourite though...

8. i got a pick from a sevendust show. it used to say sevendust on it but i wore it off. its the only pick i have my because my other one broke and im too lazy to go to the guitar store.

9. those red jazz III pics from dunlop are really great for speed and control like you said.

but to be honest, as long as it's not a soft pick(unless i'm strumming) i'm good.

10. Man, i've used the tear drop clayton 1.26mm picks for years! +rep for using them, not many people do.

11. dunlop .73's, they work well.

12. It's a pretty good pick. Only one i like by clayton anyways-

but seriously, the Jazz III takes the cake.

I also found that the 'gibson custom' picks that come with a custom guitar are awesome... Too bad i only have one left

13. I have a bunch of thin star pics all over my room...they dont last long enough, but they are a great grip.

14. dunlop .88 nylon

15. dunlop tortex 88mm (green) and 1.0 (blue)

shyeah

16. I've got Fender Heavy's right now.