guitar help

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Wakadoozicle, Sep 24, 2012.

1. not even that good man its a stagg lol.....got a nicer dean acoustic though

2. That can be made easier by practicing progressions, in all keys.

3. i just started today and i kind of have the intro to thunder struck down(not as fast)and some blues and d major and c major chords pretty much down..
    do people who play blues usually use picks?
    also, whats the best youtube channel in your guys opinions for beginners? thanks

4. also what is the difference between the solid black dot and just the circle(empty) under where it says g major
    [​IMG]

5. From google: "There are only three different symbols used in the guitar chord diagrams found in sheet music. The symbols are an X, a white circle and a black circle. The X over a string means that you should not play the string at all. It is not part of the chord. A white circle means the string should be played open. "Open" means to play the string without holding down any frets. The black circle means that you should hold down a specific fret on the corresponding string."

6. that doesnt help at all lol
    these three circles on the first pic, one white one black and one white, the black one doesnt have any numbers

7. [quote name='"dealwithit"']that doesnt help at all lol
    these three circles on the first pic, one white one black and one white, the black one doesnt have any numbers[/quote]

Those diagrams look a little screwy. In the top picture, you just put fingers on the dots with numbers, and let the other three strings ring open. In the bottom picture, the big black bar means you're supposed to cover all 6 strings with your index finger, then use your other fingers to cover the numbered dots.

8. You asked what the difference between the white/black dots is and that excerpt explained it, here's a video of the G major [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-WD99B3qSo]Guitar Lesson #38 -G Major Chord - YouTube[/ame]

This is from the site of those images you used; » How To Read Chord Diagrams play those strings open, the black/white doesn't mean anything for those

9. i said under where it says g major
    as in right under the letters

10. [quote name='"dealwithit"']i said under where it says g major
    as in right under the letters[/quote]

I don't know why those dots are there. You play those three strings open.

11. [quote name='"garrison68"']
    Let's hear something by you.[/quote]

Sure look in my sig

12. Ive been playing acoustic on and off for about 5 years. Im not as good as i should be because of not practicing everyday. The easiest way to start is learn so standard chords and just strum and learn to transfer from one to the the other. Whatever you do, dont give up or youll never learn.

13. A major chord is built using three intervals-a Root (I), a major third (III), and a perfect fifth (V). Thus, the G Major consists of G, B, and D. The black dots denote the intervals of G within the chord.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Didn't even notice the sig, lol. The music is very enjoyable.

15. what are some good beginner songs to learn?

16. [quote name='"garrison68"']
    Didn't even notice the sig, lol. The music is very enjoyable.[/quote]

Thanks yo.

Learn Tool songs there very easy

17. Go down to the crossroads...

18. For me I started learning a few simple chords like, "G", "D", "F", "E", "A", "B", "C". Then you just move up to Power Chords, learn some new techniques like sweep picking, tapping, and learn many scales (start with the chromatic scale, the ephridgian scale, and the blues scale). Then it's all about developing your own style. For me I like to play a lot of rock, do some middle eastern sounding stuff, more "folk", and a little bit of metal, some jazz, some reggae. Just a little bit of everything :)

19. The black dots on the chord diagram represent the root notes of the chord. really. jus visit your local music store and buy a how to book man.

String 1-E (Thin string)
    String 2-B
    string 3-G
    string 4-D
    string 5-A
    string 6-E ( Thick string)

dots on the fretboard where the strings are on indicate the ODD # frets... 1st fret is after the nut.