Guitar help anyone?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by senior_ganj, Apr 27, 2007.

1. I played guitar for a year, on and off and finally got the urge to start playing again. As big of a music lover as I am, I think it's only fitting. Unfortunately, I developed some bad habits when I first start learning how to play and was wondering if anyone knew any helpful places for a new guitar player to pick up some good habits and just learn how to play a couple riffs.

I know we have some good guitarists on here, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Any insight or places you wanna point me to. Rock on all, stay high. Thanks in advance

:hello:

2. Go up the strings 1-2-3-4 up and down slowly and then develop speed, great for your fingers. Get some scales down, Pentatonic for instance, most common. Practice chords, major and minor and 7th and diminished and just learn as much as you can, practicing every day.

3. What kind of music are you interested in learning to play?

I can only speak for myself as a blues fan, but these are the primary sites I use:

Chord House - chords and scales
    Blues Blast - don't let the name fool you, it's got a lot of different styles, backing tracks and speed drills
    Blues For Peace - lots of useful tabs, one of the best sites I've come across
    Guitarist's Online Guitar Kit - chords and scales
    Jazz Guitar - jazz guitar licks, lessons and chords

As for learning specific songs, a lot of the best places have been shut down by the RIAA, but 911tabs and other miscellaneous sites are still up. I just search "song name guitar tabs" and go where the links take me.

The only tab sites I have bookmarked are:
    R U Kind - Grateful Dead tabs
    Dark's Grateful Dead Tabs - incredibly detailed Grateful Dead tabs
    Mike's Guitar Site - another incredibly detailed tab site, assorted artists

4. you guys rock!

Wow, thanks alot guys. As for style of music, I'm a classic rock fan. Led zep, sabbath, floyd, the doors, who all that good stuff.

It looks like I have my hands full for now at least.

5. Sure we ALL gald to help you!

Enjoy!

PS Wat kind of guitar u got man? I have a Genuine Fender Strat, Epiphone Les Paul (ALMOST) as good as the real thing!! :p & a Cort (Semi Acustic) she is sweet. Lovely tone, great action. U can really play her & she will still stay in tune for u!

Glad to Help!

6. I have a fender acoustic. Nothing too special, sounds decent and gets the job done. It was a present from the rents a few years back. Lol I'll finally put it to some use.

7. Nice 1!

Hope My Post Helped!!

8. For sure, tried to rep u, but "I have to spread it around first"

Ha, ill get ya back sometime.

9. Get fretboard logic, for serious, that shit will help you more than anything you'll find online. Unless, of course, it's an e-book of Fretboard Logic.

10. These are some nice sites.....

Any sites for bass, other than Basssmasta.com......

I want to find some good jazz tabs........

11. you should try www.ultimate-guitar.com click on the lessons tab they have some good stuff. also click on the forums tab they have a beginner basic area.