Guilty Pleasures (the shit you love)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by AR Toasty, Apr 4, 2021.

1. So, I’m sitting here watching Tokyo Drift. Also known as Fast and Furious 3. And it’s universally panned, we all know this. But it’s such a guilty pleasure of mine (full disclosure: I love all these F&F films).

So I start this thread. What’s your guilty pleasure movie? The garbage (unappreciated art) you can’t help but love.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. OK I know there are movies that I alone love :laughing: but I can't think of any rn. What I can think of is my love for reality TV, real housewives of, big brother, love Island all that shit stuff. Love it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. #4 Dizzy, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    What Do you Mean Universally Panned? Me an My Hubby Love the F&F Movies too lbvs.
    I Love that Part in The Tokyo Drift One where The Cowboy dude Goes Right into where The Yakuza Boss is Chillin at to Give him his Money an such.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Also One of My Guilty Pleasure is Jason X (The One where he in Space in the Future) Lol I love that Movie for some Reason an the Part
    where he Gets Turned Into a Cyborg always Kills me. Its Like Lets Make Jason even More Worse to Deal with lol

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  5. #6 Dizzy, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Also The Game Show Channel too an I Love to See if I Know The Answers

Also "The Bold an The Beautiful" I Just Watch It Every Day an Get High When My Daughters are at School an My Sons are Napping. It Relaxes me. My Mama Got Me into TB&TB when I was a Lil Young Girl too an I Liked it Ever Since.

~Toni~

6. Old snuff films with sex,drugs,rocknroll and murder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Films that generally have bad ratings and reviews.

The entire Fast & Furious franchise is definitely my number one. Though Fast 5 is actually brilliant.

Another that comes to mind is Deep Blue Sea. And Anaconda. Creature Features are definitely a guilty pleasure and most of them are pretty bad.

Oh, and Rat Race. That one really hasn't aged well, but I loved it when I was a kid so it's nostalgic.

• Winner Winner x 1

8. Ohhh lol well idont Really Care about Ratings an stuff only if I think its Good No Critics. Is Fast 5 your Favorite One then? I Like the one That Has John Ortiz (Arturo Braga) i think his Name is when they go to Mexico an stuff.

Yea You Right about those Creature Features lol What About Pirana? that was really Violent Movie tho lol. Deep Blue Sea & Anaconda are Awesome. Have you ever Seen the Movie Deep Rising that's Anther Guilty Please of Mines too.

~Toni~

9. 51U8yTexDxL.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I Love that Movie too. That Ending tho lol If You Seen you Know what imean.
    Dude Kurt Russel Got Curb Stomped by Rosario Dawson lol
    There alotta Cool Music in it too.

~Toni~

11. Speakking of Quentin Tarantino Movies I Love his Kill Bill Films too... They they Reason I always used to Call my Self Black Mamba lol.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  12. I haven't seen Deep Rising but I really want to now! It sounds right up my alley with monsters and heists all in one.

I can't be arsed to look up what it is, but that film where the girls go caving underground and there's monsters down there.... that's a pretty good bad one. The first half is better though, before they show you what the monsters look like.

The one with Braga is the fourth F&F, I think? That's my least favourite in the series. Fast 5 is my absolute top, for sure - like I said, I like heists. I miss having Paul Walker in the new ones though. I'm sure the new one coming out will be over-the-top ridiculous, but of course I'll watch it and probably love every second.

• Winner Winner x 1

13. That Deep Rising Movie Came Out in 98...First times I Saw it this One Part Scared me to Badly so iwasnt even able to See the Rest of the Move until Years Later lol.

Yea that Movie You Talking about I think its Called The Descent lol we got that some where there is Actually a Second Film in the Series too Andy Have you Seen it?

Yea You probably Right lol Braga in the 7th F&F too for a small Appearence as well. I Like that One too because Jason Statham in it lol he Cool. Yea I Miss Paul Walker too it just Very Sad about what Happen to Him an he wasn't Bad to Look at in those Movies Either with those Piercing Blue eyes lol Reminds me of my Hubby too. I Remember Seeing the first ever F&F Movie imean who would Thought it would still be a Series These days lol there alotta Fast & Furious Moves lol.

~Toni~

14. Yes, the Descent! That's the one.

The F&F movies have always been over the top, but once they pulled that stunt where they jump the car between the Burj Dubai towers (in #7 I think), I pretty much checked out. I mean, I still love them and they're fun... but I can't watch them seriously after that.

I don't know what that says about me that I took the first 6 seriously :laughing:

Hobbs and Shaw was fun too. If only because The Rock + Jason Statham = ridiculous levels of badass.

• Winner Winner x 1

15. Yea I Mean that First that First F&F Movie was the Most Realistic but yea they got More Wild as the Series went on lol. Could Somebody Really Jump There Cars Between those Towers lol? Have you Seen the 8th One as well? Hobbs an Shaw was Cool Too you right an Idris Elba as that Cyborg dude lol that was Cool.

~Toni~

16. Another Guilty Please I have is The Horror Movie Called "The Ruins" lol idk Why but I Like to Watch that One every Once ina while.

~Toni~

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Also Iono if Other People Do but I Love The Movie Sin City as Well. Everybody Crazy In Those Films lol.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1

18. I have Deep rising in my collection, it resurfaced again about 6 months back ..but I guess I grew old ...
    it sucked I was pissed cause I really liked the movie at the time waiting for part 2,
    which never arrived ..lol
    I guess thats what happens when you watch too many movies they can change you ...
    maybe 'we' get desensitized .???

• Winner Winner x 1

19. I did my job and showed it to a crowd of young ladies who loved it ...(I didn't)

• Winner Winner x 1