Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Guilt At Pot Smoking :$

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rippedmofuck, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Hey forum, im feelin low right now :(

I have a situation, its almost like im trapped. I had an injury a year ago and it have recurring intense periods of pain, i have no prescription or meds, and so....i smoke weed to help ease it when it gets bad Its not that im a hater on it, my friends do it, but my fam is old school italianoo so, it wasnt how i was brought up n it will nevvver fy with them. I just got an mri and im awaiting results on my spine, but it doesnt seem good,,, what to do i do?:(

2. take it one step at a time, dont feel guilty about smoking....especially any external reasons. Where's ur individuality?

3. From one pain patient to another, let me tell you, you have nothing to feel guilty about. I know exactly what you're feeling. I use cannabis to help control my pain, and to stave off using other, more dangerous prescription pain meds. In the beginning, I felt tremendous guilt. But after researching, and learning all I could about cannabis, I became more and more confident in my decision to use cannabis instead of addictive prescriptions. And the more I have learned about the government's role in denying people like us our medicine, the more I am reassured that our guilt only comes from enduring years of propaganda. We are programmed to believe that mj is bad/unhealthy/criminal/immoral/ blah blah blah. But the more I learned, it seemed I was deprogramming myself. It has been quite the liberating experience.

4. I have individuality thanks, im a very big fitness buff but its been put on hold for the last while.

Yeah im actually feel like a vey strong idealed person but with my injury and inability to workout and life life to the fullest has effected my confidence, so thank you for your experience :p I know I shouldnt see it as a crutch its tru i guess we have all been taught that way, sometimes i feel like so depressed from it feeling like i am acheiving no progress getting better, many times i have quit mj just its always made the pain more bearable

5. Don't be, everyone else should be guilty for not smoking weed.

6. can it 124. no one wants to hear that shit.

don't let the injuries affect you too much. a lifetime of self-pity follows feelings of guilt.

it's a no where road. heal up, work harder, and grow stronger.

it's the only positive solution to your future.

7. I can kinda understand how you feel in regards to your family's views. My family never drilled 'Don't Do Drugs' into my head or anything, but they made their negative feelings towards smoking pretty clear. I didn't smoke weed until I was in college and it only happened because I realized that 'regular' people smoked. I know it sounds kinda dumb lol. Once I smoked a couple times and started to develop my own views on smoking, I started to see a different side of things. For example...staying in and smoking a jay or two was (to my mind) a lot safer/more relaxing than going out and getting totally smashed. Nothing against drinking, it's just an easy comparision. My family still doesn't know I smoke, but I figure as long as I keep my shit together it really doesn't concern them. I'm super close with my fam, but I don't call them up or worry about what they'd think everytime I get laid either lol. Some things just involve you, ya know? It's all about perspective man :)

If smoking helps with your pain and you enjoy it, right on. You're not hurting anybody. As long as you can come to terms with it I say enjoy :smoke:

8. i don't fell guilty becuse i know its the onlything that helps me with pain other than shitty pain meds that cost more than weed and dont work and help my insomnia

9. Thanks forum for your views :)
    Respect to all and love <3

10. if it helps with the pain, keep with it dude. talk to your doctor about it. they don't care about legality or anything, they care about your health. obviously they probably wouldn't outright recommend it first but discuss it.

whats the difference between take herb as medicine and being prescribed a pill? if you are legitimately using it for pain, what is there to be guilty about? just don't let it control who you are and keep it for medicinal use. nothing wrong with that at all. it's just stereotypical views that might make it seem bad. few tokes for pain isn't the same as blowing all your money and staying stupid high all day doing nothing. remember that.

11. Believe me, its not from any lack of my self image, its just about my own code of respect to my elders.

12. Fuck man tell your rents the weed's been around since Dynasties in China.. When there were people like the dude in your avatar (samurai's) Smoke the koosh and let them know if they find out. Also from my knowledge if you get a test from the doctor and it reveals THC in your blood the doctor can only confront you One on One about it.

13. We have the same amount of posts :hello:

haha well besides that, i have been doing better everyone. Sneaking outside to smoke weed eventually lead to my parents finding out. I've had many a long, long talk with them. While they don't like it, they know how low i've sunk and how much it helps me deal with my pain like nothing else can.

As long as I don't smoke inside, they are completely fine with it, as long as I'm honest...which i think is beyond cool. I've even started my own grow in my room with the help of my dad building my setup. I figure why pay for something at ridiculous prices while trying to saving money for my next year of university, when its a plant and all natural :)

Tomorrow they are going to take me to the local hydro to get some more supplies. It means so much to me guys that you all put it time to help me, it really, REALLY, helped in me confronting my parents about for pro-healthy mj use.

It's been a complete turn-around and again thank you guys so much. I'm posting more on GC now and i'm really trying to soak up everything I can about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated if any of you decide to pop in and stay hi :) oops Say hi* :D Oh well, both work :smoke:

14. The truth is that your honestly WAY better off using (nonaddictive) Cannabis, then using prescription pain pills to get through pain. Pharms are NOT something you want to take even if you need them.

They will ring you out in the end.

I would rather deal with getting the munchies and coughing from smoking. Rather than go through horrendous withdrawals and cravings from pain medicine.

Your better off using the herbal remedy compared to pain meds. I've used them both extensively, Natural is the better way to go. Trust me!

15. Your guilt is brought on my the morals that were placed upon you by your family. Holding family values is important.

That being said, as an individual it is more important to decide which morals are truely important to yourself. It use to be all about family morals, its nice to see people being individuals recently.