Guild Wars 2 ~ The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tflga, Jan 29, 2011.

1. #1941 Happysack, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013

There are quite a few great ways to lvl in the game, I'll list some ways to make good xp/Karma.

Crafting - Some of the quickest and easiest xp in the game, you can get somewhere between 10-16 lvls of xp for crafting 0-400. I got my cooking skill from 0-400 in 40 minutes on my mesmer and got 15 lvls of xp roughly. Cost = 1.6gold

Meta Events - Metaevents are really big events in the game in the world, there are several Mevents you can do at lower lvl, all of them have 2-4 preevents leading into them if you learn where all the meta events are and start working your way towards them on the different maps then periodiclly do them you will get - good fast xp/karma/money, each meta event drops a chest 1once per day you also get a daily chest once per day per meta event boss which always has a rare+ drop in it. (I still do these on my lvl 80 every time ones up great quick money)
    (Dragon Timer | Crystal Desert | Guild Wars Temple) theres a link to the timer, it can be off and its not the best source to go off but does show you what metaevents there are so you can learn them and where they are.

Hearts - Hearts are good xp, your questing just like in most MMO's for this just do what it says to do, it can be good quick xp, I try to find hearts with other events in the area as well so while your doing another event your working on the area heart as well.

Dungeons - Good xp and money but can some times be a bit slower xp if you get a slow group.

WVWVW - This is how i've been lvling my mesmer other than crafitng for the most part lately, you get really good quick easy xp in wvw if you understand how wvw works.

Dailys/Monthly - Do them!! Get them done as quick as you can and make sure you do the monthly you get 10 jugs of karma for doing it, not to mention I think that monthly grants 50 silver ontop of xp/karma and Laurells

Salvagable materials - Salvage all you can then go up to the little cog on your back pack and press (Send crafting materials to storage or whatever that option is) It has a whole seperate section in your bank that stores crafting materials and you don't have to withdraw them to craft you can just stock pile in your bank like that. 250 per resource is the cap I think.

Karma - Try not to spend too much of it until 80 if you can, you can use it to get yourself a good solid set of lvl 80 exotic armor 42k per piece once your 80. You get Jugs of Karma for doing your daily which is a good 4500 karma hit, I stock pile them in my bank so I'm not tempted to use them.

I found a good method for saving karma was to spend the karma I got from doing events and hearts and stuff and save the jugs I got from doing dailys, I had enough to buy my 80 set of exotic really fast on my guardian because I saved so many jugs.

as far as disconnecting all the time, that sounds like its on your side. I have only DCed maybe 3 times total since I started playing.

Hope this helps. I'm going to toss a bunch of links at the bottom here too that are good resources.

Guild Wars 2 interactive Map - Guild Wars 2 cartographers (Interactive map, great way to learn where stuff is)

Dragon Timer | Crystal Desert | Guild Wars Temple (Meta event timer, not always accurate, a good guild will inform you of metaevents going on when they start most people like doing them)

GW2 Guild Trek Guild Mission guide - Dulfy

(Guild mission resource, Dulfy has a lot of great information)

Guild Wars 2 Build - Guide, News, Event, Forum, Stream (Good site to build your character with)

2. Around what level is reasonable to start doing the meta-events? I always hear about people talking about Maw is up and stuff, but never know what it means.
    I would really like to get a good understanding wvw then, because I love me some pvp.

3. There are 4 lvl 15 meta events

Fire elemental - 15
    Jungle wurm - 15
    Frozen maw - 15
    Shadow behemoth - 15

3 Dragons - 50, 65, 80

3 temple priests - 75, 78, 80

Golem - 68

MegaDestroyer - 66

4. Thanks dude I really appreciate you going out of your way to give such in depth responses.

5. Dudes a Beast idk how he smokes and retains so much lol, just hit 80 on my ele by crafting. Looking for some people who are down to get on raidcall and do some metas and shit around cursed shore

6. Np Lurk

Way to go on 80!

I blame my job for me being able to retain information so well, tech support lots of memorization.

7. They added some new WvW abilities, ranks, leaderboards, etc... I think even adding guild banners that you fly on your back.

I would definitely be down to break my 2 month dry spell and romp some WvW with the fellow blades left in the Grasscity guild on Crystal Desert.

I hope soon they add some new WvW maps or something, that would make pvp complete! :smoke:

8. Hey guys i just got back into the game, i lost my internet for awhile. im lvl 28 and looking for somebody to explore with and maybe show me the ropes again. anybody up for some adventuring?

9. Anyone wanna get on tonight and do some end game shit? Ill be on at 1130 est till like 4am. Looking to do ac/cof/fractals an maybe wvw if I get a good group to play with. I got raidcall so hit me up

Creamsalad.5394

10. I haven't really been playing as much lately but was pretty much doing all the hearts/waypoints/all that stuff in each area with my ele. I did sink a quite a bit of time into gw 1 also.

11. Level 55 minion master. Post back if you want to do missions/explore together. 

12. #1952 Happysack, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Not sure if any Crystal desert people are still playing really but our new server match up in WVW has been great, we are fighting Kaineing and Yaks Bend. If you haven't checked it out yet we are actually in 1st right now against 2 higher ranked servers.

New update comes out the 11th I think that adds some new stuff to Lions arch new event, weapon skins and hoopla :)

If your not sure what I'm talking about for wvw check out

http://mos.millenium.org/na

13. I may start back playing. Still on Crystal Desert

14. Thought about Guild Wars but I can't afford any more subscriptions to things. So I just play its free neighbor by the same company, Aion Ascension!

15. There is no subscription for Guildwars 2

16. Ohhhh haha. I thought it was a p2p game this whole time.

17. No, you pay for the game and that's it.

GMG has it on sale for $38.

18. Nice! Whenever I am done with Aion then I will definitely check out Guild Wars, but as of now I am really enjoying Aion b/c of the whole part about having wings and whatnot.

19. #1960 Huey_Freeman, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
    I just created an account and downloaded the free trial .. Is it only battling each other, no working together? Anyway my character name is Icy Nebula