Guild Wars 2 ~ The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tflga, Jan 29, 2011.

1. #61 tflga, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
    I know I've posted this link on the first page, but this video embed will make it easier for people who are watching this thread to see it easier. I believe I will compile videos soon in this thread once it gets larger and more videos are released

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDxI5GFTuq4&feature=channel]YouTube - Guild Wars 2: Developer Interview[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAlf0-THkCU[/ame]
    this is really cool! ^

2. Yea dude, i remember when me and my friend got Prophecies (release day of course) and we raged through it and finished RIGHT as factions released. Raged through that nightfall released a while after we finished, then nightfall was just.... i dunno...too much in my opinion... Eye of the North is tight tho hahahahaha. Still havent done everything in EOTN but.... that was just due to life gettin busy and no one i know playing anymore

3. Prophecies is amazing, actually last night I logged off WoW early to create a Pre sear character, haha..

I am currently playing nightfall right now with a mesmer, it seems that not much is going on.. people in my guild are just farming titles and fun stuff to carry over to GW2. I havent played enough nightfall to get a real jist of it yet, but..yeah it's only okay in comparison to Prophecies..

How is EOTN? I've never played it (shame)

4. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te4FK_6JLwE&feature=related[/ame]

5. #65 tflga, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    Norn | Guild Wars 2

I almost want to stop watching these amazing trailers, I want it to surprise me when I get it the day of lol

6. ba ba bump

7. Healing and Death | Guild Wars 2

"Hi, I'm Jon Peters, one of the game designers on Guild Wars 2. While Colin Johanson has been busy working on a secret project involving V8 Juice and moa birds, we've been deciding how death and resurrection will work in Guild Wars 2 and what this means for the basic damage/tank/heal paradigm so familiar to MMO players."

8. YES no more death penalties!!!! I hated that shit SOOOO MUCH

9. was the reason i didnt get into GW

10. Haha yea, after a while they arent really a problem because you encounter so many bosses that it reduces it pretty quick, but the death penalty makes being any non tank class really hard from the beginnings hahahahha. Mesmers get killed SO much in the beginning, so lame

11. Whens it supposed to be released and is it not going to be 15 a month like the rest?

12. none of the guild wars were ever 15 a month, and no, this one will still be free to play, but you must purchase an account before you can play. Accounts will probably start at 50 bucks like any game that comes out now

13. Very glad to hear that will be keeping a close eye on this game, guild wars is my shiiiiit :smoking:

14. Ive had a close eye on it since 2005-6 waiting for any news of a release date.... THEY NEVER SAY SHIT... so aggravating lol

15. Hey just noticed an update TFGLA hasnt posted yet haha

Thief | Guild Wars 2

i also might add, the thief can wield a pistol, thats something very very new

16. :laughing:

Thief with a pistol might be somthing i like :D

any guesses on when you'll think it will be released?

17. Im kinda thinking they MAY try and combat with diablo 3 and go for a winter 2011 release.... Or early 2012, either way, if they try to combat D3, they are stepping far out of their own league, and they better either release it a few months before, or a good half year after, or sales are gonna be fucked

18. I totally agree.

D3 as has been high anticipated for many years now.

19. GW2 is on like... year 6 of anticipation, ive been waiting for d3, since i was 6 (not really, i was 10 when it released, but i got it a few weeks after the release)

11 years of waiting.... im SO pumped

20. Yeah D3 is without a doubt on my checkout list.

Highly anticipated. I believe that will be a good time for gaming you guys, two very good solid game titles coming out to enjoy at the same time. I think I'll find myself logging off GW2 for D3 and vise versa