Guild Wars 2 ~ The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tflga, Jan 29, 2011.

1. bump - i dont think people see how cool this game is going to be

2. if it ever freakin comes out

3. i had a lot of fun with guild wars. will gw2 have dungeons? cus they are one of my favorite parts of mmorpgs :D

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgB9-1mysM&feature=related]YouTube - Machinima Realm - LFM: Guild Wars 2 Gameplay Footage[/ame]

5. As he states in the video, they added a new Dynamic Weather system, the enviornment and mobs actually REACT to the weather change.

Everyone watching this thread needs to check out this video above my post!!!!! It explains A LOT of AWESOME new features in this game

6. GUYS GUYS WOW man. You guys wanna see something better? Look into Tera in youtube or visit their site. Its a "Newer" Gen mmo

7. GW2 Is a new gen mmo, my friend. They're doing everything any company ISNT doing today - watch the vids.

8. Njslums, just checked out TERA on youtube, it looks like a newer version of a foreign made game named AION - i may be wrong but hey, it looks somewhat interesting..

9. Tera is pay to play also, im hoping GW2 stays with the pay for the game, not for the time.

Ive seen a lot of stuff on Tera, and if you ask me calling it "new gen" is wrong. Its only "new" gen, because its a mix of every aspect of every free MMO that ever happened hahahahhaha. So its more like re-vamped gen. GW2 is going to be so extreme..... not sure how long Tera has been in prod, but GW2 has been in prod since GW:prophecies released (april 2005) and they have been listeing to players of GW tell them what to do, rather than going to other games, adding features to their game that are lacking in other games, and releasing a shitty game with cooler features (not saying Tera is going to be shitty, i just dont think its going to be ANYTING like GW2 hahahaha)

10. New gen mmo! Cant wait

EVERYONE - WATCH THE VIDEOS I POSTED LINKS TO FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE GAME

11. That video makes me so angry this game isnt out already lol. It looks SO much different than GW but at the same time has that familiar aspect..... I like how the seem to have added a very intense dodging system, atleast on that elementaist.... where you can just roll away from projectiles that arent honed onto you and it also seemed to avoid the melee attacks happening during the dodging.... im too pumped for this shit

12. from the videos ive seen GW2 looks awesome. Hope an open beta or something pops up soon

13. Hell yea, and i hope they send emails to players who have been playing since the game came out first.... i fucking remember pre-ordering prophecies....i better get a beta key for GW2 lol...Ill be thoroughly angry if its just first come first serve and all the wow players rape it to then bitch about it later

14. definitely going to be waiting outside the store in the AM when they release it!

15. #55 tflga, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
    yeah you're right it doesnt it, look very different..very excited

just found this video, everytime i see a video like this i get more and more pumped, they promise so much! http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-guild-wars-2/704708

16. #56 tflga, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
    SORRY GUYS, THIS CANNOT BE BEATEN!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVLclPDCBE]YouTube - Guild Wars 2 HQ (Shatterer Attacks @ Gamescom 2010).avi[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAMNwrF8rZ8[/ame]

17. Lol from that video, i can safely say GW2 is going to make wow look like childs play

18. Yeah I'm gunna box up my WoW once this is installed on my pc, oh the feeling of actually uninstalling WoW and not having to worry about reinstalling it :)

19. I only played wow for 3 months (won 3 free months so i figured...eh ill do some crack lol) I do NOT get the fascination with it... i had already been playing GW:prophecies and factions when this happened.... and i often found myself saying... if only they had done this more like GW it would be so much better.... hahahahahahha

The whole being able to use every fucking spell/skill you have in any situation (multiple skill menues on screen) makes it WAY too easy....

20. Oh ya, I've said the same thing myself!

Arenanet has outdone themselves. They've been working on this game since prophecies!